You’ve been hooked on coding since your first Hello World! And you want to solve real problems and go home at the end of the day knowing that your work makes a difference.
You’ve probably used ************* to check your bandwidth. You might be surprised to know that every day 6 million people use our apps on the web, on iOS and Android, on desktops. It’s even embedded in routers.
You’ve been looking to own a major component, to continuously evolve it and to find the sweet spot between elegance and getting things done. You know HTTP inside and out. You enjoy how much you can get done with a few lines in Node. Callbacks are second nature and you have an opinion on promises. Perhaps you wish JSON allowed trailing commas.
Ookla is a small team of passionate individuals who have turned a clever idea into a thriving business, and have gained an invaluable insight into the state of the Internet on a truly global scale.
And we are hiring a Senior Software Engineer with expert knowledge across the entire tech stack.
* You will own the development of our web applications, one of the core components of the Speedtest platform. This includes design, implementation, testing and deployment.
* You will focus on the entire application stack, both front-end application and back-end services
* You will be asked to solve for reliability, scale and flexibility, as well as implement a visually rich and slick user experience.
* You will collaborate on the architecture, technology choices, and interactions with other core components such as backend APIs, analytics, our distributed testing network and other application platforms (mobile and native).
* You will collaborate with a small group of independently motivated team members who love to get things done.
* 4+ years of software development experience, with a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
* Expertise with web technologies (HTTP, REST, HTML, CSS)
* Expertise with React or AngularJS
* Experience with networking (IP, TCP, UDP, WebSocket)
* Experience with distributed version control systems such as git
* Experience with Agile practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
* Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
* Experience with functional programming or reactive programming a plus
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation, full medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59159 →