Are you a highly skilled software engineer with a passion for creating great user experiences? Are you excited about building products that will be used by millions of people each year? Do you love movies? If you answered yes to all these questions, we have the perfect job for you.
Alamo Drafthouse is looking for a kick-ass software developer to help us achieve our goal of creating the best online experience in the cinema industry. As a Senior Developer, you will be responsible for developing the most difficult components of our products. We are looking for that incredibly rare combination of an egoless team player with outstanding technical expertise and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
We’re looking for someone who can help across the entire stack, from back-end to front-end. Our technical stack includes AngularJS, iOS, and Android front-ends and a Scala middleware layer that talks to a multitude of back-end systems. We use a common selection of tools for team collaboration and software automation including Slack, Git, and Jira, and we use an agile Kanban methodology for structuring releases.
The senior developer’s primary responsibilities include:
* Own the development of a feature from architecture to coding through to testing, documentation, and deployment. Most of your effort will likely be spent on back-end components, but from time to time you may be asked to assist with the trickiest front-end components as well.
* Work with the rest of the development team to plan releases, estimate development tasks, identify risks, and coordinate development activities so that high quality software is released on time.
* Be a mentor to other developers on your team. Guide project team members to ensure they understand their deliverables and know the best practices for delivering them. Advise the team members on technical issues as they arise.
* Provide hands-on development of solution components; often the most difficult development problems will fall to you.
We have high expectations at Alamo Drafthouse. As a member of a small team, you must be very self-directed, able to operate without much oversight, and know when to ask for help. The ideal candidate will have the following qualification
* A computer science degree (or similar) from a top-notch university
* A minimum of 7 years of previous software development and/or technical leadership experience
* Object-oriented and/or functional design and programming experience in Scala, Java, or C#. Scala experience very highly desired. Functional design and programming experience very highly desired.
* Front-end SPA development experience using AngularJS or similar frameworks. Angular 2 experience very highly desired.
* Detail-oriented, able to manage a great deal of complexity and ambiguity, and able to design forward-looking solutions that anticipate future needs.
* Complete commitment to an world-class user experience and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver it
* A passion for excellence and a disdain for missed expectations
* A motivated self-starter with an excellent work ethic and high energy level
* Permanent legal right to work in the United States; we will not consider candidates that require visa sponsorship
* Track record of being a top performer in previous positions
* Self starter who can execute with minimal direction; Highly self-motivated and self-directed
Our benefits program includes Medical, Dental, and Vision, along with company paid leave policies, disability and life policies . Alamo has a generous PTO leave and a flexible work environment. If you enjoy movies, food and beer this is the place for you.
Plus, did we mention FREE MOVIES?
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.