Spalding Consulting, Inc.
Hadoop Distributed File System Administrator – Spalding Consulting, Inc.
Job Openings >> Hadoop Distributed File System Administrator
Hadoop Distributed File System Administrator
Title:Hadoop Distributed File System Administrator
Location:Lexington Park, MD
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Hadoop Distributed File System Administrator in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
– Manage scalable Hadoop virtual and physical cluster environments.
– Manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
– Optimize and tune the Hadoop environments to meet performance requirements.
– Install and configure monitoring tools for all the critical Hadoop systems and services.
– Work in tandem with big data developers and designs use case specific scalable supportable -infrastructure.
– Provide very responsive support for day to day requests from, development, support, and business analyst teams.
– Performance analysis and debugging of slow running development and production processes.
– Work with Linux server admin team in administering the server hardware and operating system.
– Assist with development and maintain the system documentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in installing and configuring Hortonworks Hadoop clusters.
– Experience with backup and recovery of HDFS file system required.
– Experience in using various Linux commands for daily operations and ability to analyze and create Shell scripts.
– Troubleshooting experience required.
Security Clearance: Successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field desired.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Refer to a Friend
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites:
Copyright 2017 Spalding Consulting, Inc.. All rights reserved. Powered by ApplicantStack Applicant Tracking Software
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/78892 →