Client Reference Code: 204732-3
The Interaction Designer (2) is responsible for the design and build of learning interactions within Charter’s Customer Operations training programs. He/She produces learning interactions (classroom, virtual, online) to enable a specific learning experience that reinforces business-centric behavior requirements.
The Interaction Designer (2) collaborates with the Learning Experience Architect (LEXA) to develop learning interactions in support of the learning blueprint. He/She participates in collaborative design sessions with subject matter experts to understand the business and learning requirements.
The Interaction Designer (2) works with the graphic designers and animators to create learning interactions that bring the learning environment to life and aligns to the vision of the LEXA. He/She ensures learning interactions are engaging, memorable and effective in all modalities of delivery (classroom, virtual, online). He/She works with the L&D Facilitator to validate the interactions are usable and memorable for the Customer Ops Trainers who are responsible for delivering the learning experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide recommendations for learning interactions to the LEXA that demonstrate the business impact of training initiatives.
Apply the latest adult learning methods to create interactions aligned to the point of view of the LEXA and support the behavior change required for the learning audience.
Create interactions designed for individual (non-facilitated) consumption as well as facilitator guides for trainers to use in the classroom, where appropriate.
Research and apply modern adult learning techniques to support classroom, virtual and online learning. Ensures learning interactions are innovative, engaging, and on the cutting edge of brain science application.
Engage subject matter experts in collaboration with the Learning Experience Architect to understand the reality the learning audience faces, while designing learning interactions based on subject matter expertise and the depth of knowledge they posses.
Demonstrate expert knowledge of non-facilitated and facilitated learning methods as well as processes and standards required to create high quality interactions on time, and on budget.
Apply business skills to managing projects and coordinating with subject matter experts while building learning interactions.
Promote collaboration, partnerships, and relationships among the the learning and development team including learning experience architects, learning solutions and technical services L&D resources.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrated portfolio of building learning solutions with measureable results
- Demonstrated knowledge of training methodologies and tools (Video/Audio, Independent Reading, Online Forum, Branched eLearning, Decision eLearning, Gamification, Job Aide, Classroom)
- Ability to use multiple digital learning technologies and tools to develop and deliver content (Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple assignments concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to synthesize multiple inputs into a modern facilitated learning interaction that is aligned to design principles
- Demonstrated understanding of how different roles within a business need tailored learning
- Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce learning interactions
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with peers to ensure successful learning outcomes
- Driven, focused, and oriented to the functional design
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Organizational Behavior, Communications, or related field required and/or certifications in a variety of L&D areas
Related Work Experience (at least one of the following)Number Of Years
Instructional design experience 5+
Online/eLearning design experience 5+
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Skills in management consulting
Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
Relevant corporate experience in a large Fortune 100 company
Masters in Adult Learning
10% travel required
Job Code : TWCHTR316 Interaction Designer II Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/46667 →