In a project team setting, defines requirements, designs system components, and participates in testing for applications used by at least one business function. Assists with investigation and problem resolution for production problems and serves as liaison to other business departments to provide expertise of business applications and overall information systems.
Serves as a liaison to business departments to provide core competency and in depth knowledge in at least one business function.
Strategy & Planning
– Business analysis, systems design and project management for medium application development projects.
– Determine business functional requirements through a variety of interviewing and facilitation techniques.
– Collaborate with IT teams to develop solutions that meet the requirements given by the business.
– Establish project scope and objectives with the project team and project stakeholders.
– Develop knowledge in the change request process.
– Research and recommend new tools and technologies to improve project performance and quality.
– Grow knowledge of best practices and market trends.
– Produce/maintain project deliverables including entity model diagrams, detailed program specifications and project plans.
– Monitor project activity, resources, and costs to ensure the project remains on scope, schedule, and budget.
– Communicate project status, project scope, open items, issues / risks to the project team.
– Maintain accurate information in the standard project tracking tools and project documentation.
– Perform unit and systems testing.
– Enforce standards and methodologies that pertain to quality, consistency, and accuracy of project design, development, testing and implementation.
– Participate in technical walkthroughs to validate design.
– Migrate basic, low-risk solutions into the production environment.
– Manage system support to identify, track and resolve system issues with users, technical resources, and vendors.
– Assist in training and the support of end-users on developed applications.
– Bachelors degree in Business, Management Information Systems or related field and two years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting integrated business information applications systems.
– Minimum 5 years of experience
– Understand concepts of software development life cycle.
– Must be familiar with information technology concepts and applications.
– Possession of basic subject matter knowledge in at least one function of a nationwide tax service company.
– Possession of skills in creating work flows and charting methods.
– Knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Word, Visio, Lotus Notes, e-mail etc.
– Must have developed business requirements, functional models and technical documentation at a conceptual level for simple to medium complexity business functions.
– Ability to follow and report against project timelines.
– Ability to stay focused on end-to-end business processes and activity flows with foresight.
– Ability to avoid distractions resulting from operational emergencies to prevent project delays and cost escalations.
– Must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability anticipate customer needs, market conditions, and changes in the business climate.
– Maintenance of realistic expectations and an appreciation for the level of effort and complexities involved in systems development projects.
– Must think creatively, question established business practices, and consider alternative approaches when necessary.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.