Dr. Tavel Family Eyecare has provided Indiana families with an extensive array of high quality, yet affordable eyecare products and services since 1940. We pride ourselves on being Indianas number one provider for Medicaid and we accept hundreds of insurance plans at all 19 of our locations throughout the state. We believe in providing a transformational eyecare experience to every patient, every time.
Dr. Tavel is seeking an ambitious entry-level IT Help Desk Technician for our IT department based out of Indianapolis, IN.
Being organized, having time and project management skills, documentation skills, the ability to closely listen to details and discern what is being described by non-IT people, being approachable, having superb written and oral communication skills, and having troubleshooting and resolution skills are all essential to being successful in this position.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and gain experience under the guidance of senior IT personnel.
What will you be doing?
Qualified candidates will be responsible for the following objectives:
* Monitor and resolve help desk tickets as they happen. This involves troubleshooting hardware and software related issues in our branch locations. Travel will be required at times, and a company vehicle is provided as needed. All travel is short term and primarily within the work day.
* Assist our store staff via telephone and with various remote access software
* Document processes to catalog solutions for future reference
* Support current IT staff in day to day operations of system, network and admin responsibilities
* You will need the physical capabilities of making data cables (can be taught), climbing ladders and lifting light weight above your head from time to time. You will also need to lift and move computer equipment.
What knowledge is expected to qualify for this opportunity?
* Relevant experience in Helpdesk or IT desirable
* Certifications are a plus / CompTIA A+ highly desired and must be able to provide certification proof
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
What skills are expected to qualify for this opportunity?
* Active listening skills are required
* Eagerness to learn
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
* Oral and written documentation abilities
* Asking for help when needed
* Active follow-up is a necessity
What benefits are offered by Dr Tavel?
* Vacation/paid time off
* Free eye exams
* Free eyewear after 6 months and then annually
* Health and Dental insurance
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/158060 →