The Helpdesk Technician manages and monitors the IT helpdesk and handles direct support requests from IT operations support program client end users. Helpdesk technician work will generally include:
* Receiving and responding to direct requests from end users via telephone, email, and instant message.
* Manage multiple queued support issues and prioritizing outstanding work.
* Maintaining communication with end users regarding outstanding support requests.
* Providing assistance with end user based computer, network infrastructure, and software issues.
* Proactively escalating appropriate issues for further work by Systems Administrators of Engineering resources.
* Documenting processes and procedures in support of projects and systems as directed.
* Demonstrate, troubleshoot, and provide desktop support assistance in key areas:
* Microsoft Windows
* Microsoft Office Productivity Suite
* Basic Networking; IP addressing, subnets, DHCP, TCP/IP concepts, network protocols
* Basic Application Support; Office 365, SharePoint, File Shares and Printing
* Communication Skills
* Collaboration and Team Building
* Effective Written and Verbal Communication
* Critical Thinking
* Helpdesk Operations
* Systems Troubleshooting for identified IT systems
* Issue Management
The Helpdesk Technician position requires direct experience with IT operations including helpdesk operations. Strong troubleshooting and organizational skills as well as the ability to independently prioritize work are a real plus. Additionally, a solid understanding of Personal Computer hardware and software as well as a collaborative team oriented work style are critical to success in this role.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79277 →