WorldVentures, a dynamic, global, fast growing member based travel company, is currently sourcing for an IT Security Engineer to be based in our Plano headquarters. WorldVentures is a fast paced environment with a core of innovation and fun. If you are prepared to grow your career, wear multiple hats, and be part of a fast paced team with a focus on exceptional service, this may be the role for you.
The IT Security Engineer will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and upgrading all aspects of World Ventures Information Security systems as coordinated by the Head of Information Security and Compliance.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging security technologies as they relate to World Ventures business requirements.
- Identify new threats, evaluate and implement new security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture.
- Conduct reviews to monitor and evaluate system conformance with organizational security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Provide quality technical security support to end users.
- Administer, proactively monitor, and tune existing security systems.
- Configure alerts, perform investigations, and correlate events using SIEM.
- Perform regular security and compliance scans of all IT systems for vulnerabilities, then prioritize and formulate remediation strategy.
- Perform periodic offensive security exercises and assessments on company assets to identify weaknesses.
- Oversee all aspects of PCI DSS compliance including annual assessments, maintenance of various policies, and coordination with departments to perform remediation.
- Evangelize and influence end users on the importance of security practices through education and training platforms.
- Complete security projects and tasks pertaining to security as assigned.
- Cross train with members of the Tech Ops team.
Ability to implement security architecture requirements, security framework, and, respective testing for:
- CISSP certification desired but not required.
- Direct experience with antivirus/antimalware software, endpoint security, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering solutions.
- Working knowledge of penetration testing tools, exploitation tools, and ability to use them effectively.
- Knowledge of web application security, including but not limited to DDoS mitigation, WAF, and OWASP top ten recommendations.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods.
- Knowledge of exploitation and detection evasion techniques, and compensating controls for them.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures, including identifying weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the current design and recommending appropriate mitigation.
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to identify and define system security requirements.
- Strong ability to analyze large amounts of data for security incidents and make situational analysis.
Experience and Training:
- 8+ years of experience actively deploying and managing security.
- Excellent and demonstrated knowledge of IT processes and procedures, specifically
Incident, Problem, Change and Service Level Management.
- Ability to communicate security issues and policies to peers and management.
- Passionate about security. Participation in industry groups/conferences is a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to think like a malicious actor in order to strengthen company defense.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects.
- Great team player.
- Great work ethic.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
Education: Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
WorldVentures is a privately held company based in Plano, Texas with active representatives and members in over 28 countries. WorldVentures proudly offers competitive salaries and benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life / AD&D, FSA, 401K and a robust vacation and holiday package. In addition, all full time employees automatically receive a WorldVentures membership at no cost to allow employees access to our exclusive DreamTrips group travel experiences.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115536 →