for Draper Laboratory in Posted Date 1 month ago, VA 00000(map)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,700 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit **************.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R & D innovation company appeals to you, apply now ***********************
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact *************.
The Information Technology Specialist is a key member in several small dynamic research and development environments in which they support the day-to-day activities of users, perform system maintenance, documentation of systems and deployment of IT solutions. The specialist will provide support for IT technology that will cover a wide array of competencies. The specialist will travel to regional offices to perform similar functions at those sites as needed. Duties include but are not limited to system troubleshooting, vendor coordination, software patching, system deployment, license management, hardware and software management, and lifecycle management.
* Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
* Reports status and progress to management
* Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains system configurations (hardware and software) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
* Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
* Addresses problems, installs, configures, troubleshoots, and provides maintenance and training in response to customer requirements or inquiries (e.g., tiered-level customer support).
* Responsible for day to day support and maintenance of IT infrastructure systems
* Maintain and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation
* Assist with the investigation of security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents
* Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* General knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework and other computer security publications
* Intermediate experience with Windows 7, 10; Server 2008, 2012;
* Strong knowledge of client/server environments, group policies, domain services and networking
* Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, or a related field and 4-6 years of relevant experience, or 10+ years’ experience without degree.
* Must obtain and be able to maintain a Top Secret clearance with SCI access and polygraph preferred.
* One or more professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, IAT Level II and IAM Level I
* Demonstrated experience with infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting
* Ability to research technologies, errors and products to determine paths forward
* Ability to follow instructions
* Some experience with Linux operating systems is a plus
* Off-hour/on-call support as needed. A certain degree of flexibility of schedule is required as some work planned/unplanned) must be done outside of major production hours during pre-scheduled maintenance windows
* Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
* Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired
Top Secret/SCI – (with Poly)
Unspecified annual salary
Unspecified hourly wage
Note: ***************** is restricted for use only to U.S. citizens with active Federal security clearance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/105712 →