CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Maintain configuration management of cabinets and systems for integration and deployment of telecommunication equipment and infrastructure for a nationwide network. Performance will primarily occur in a laboratory. The duties will include (but not limited to): system integration and configuration, equipment tracking and grouping, as well as RMA replacement and pre-deployment requirements, close work orders requiring pre-configuration of equipment, contribute and maintain documentation related to aforementioned responsibilities. Optimize and coordinate verification lab lifecycle activities (from equipment receipt, to integration, to deployment).
This position will require the ability to function in a warehouse environment. Candidate will have supporting role in logistics, and organizational aspects of materials supporting program deployment. These responsibilities will include submitting transfer orders in SAP, consolidation and staging of network material.
Applicant must have active DoD Secret clearance and be clearable up to Top Secret/SCI. The responsibilities of this position will continue to grow as additional portions of the network are accredited and achieve operational status, and as additional customer groups are added to the network. Currently the position supports the operation, management, and defense of a nationwide fiber optic transport network and two geographically separated network support centers. The network is expected to sustain continual growth to include additional sites and customers across the life of the program.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or six years of equivalent experience
- Follow operational documentation including guidelines, policies, processes, and standards.
- Read and interpret engineering documentation including but not limited to Scope of Work (SOW) and Engineer Design Package (EDP); while being able to communicate feedback and provide corrections through redlining.
- Interpret, follow, and critique method of procedure (MOP) related to any job function or equipment for which technicians are responsible.
- Must be able to learn new technologies that are continually being added to the network to meet the needs of the customer base
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: moving objects weighing at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate
- Complete training and demonstrate proficiency utilizing ordering systems including SAP and LCAM
- Experience and knowledge of material and tools used by network technicians.
- Must be able to demonstrate computer skills. Should have ability to input data in spreadsheets, word docs and send as email attachment.
- Follow operational documentation including guidelines, policies, processes, and standards
- Installation, Decommission, and test and turn up experience
- Vendor Certification (i.e. Juniper, Cisco, PMI, BICSI)
- Able to work independently and in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Flexible work schedule as needed
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 172208
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/112461 →