Ariba UK Limited
Date: Dec 4, 2017
Location: Newtown Square, PA, US
Requisition ID: ******
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
IT Services provides efficient IT solutions, technology and operational support to our Lines of Businesses (LoBs) with a strong focus on user-centricity. Supporting more than 75,000 employees and thousands of SAP systems, IT Services is delivering business applications be it classical SAP or new SaaS solutions, mobile apps, web & Hana Cloud Platform-based applications, as well as workplace technology services covering hardware, client software and unified communications and collaborations solutions. Fundamentally, IT Services is enabling SAP to become a Digital Enterprise with happy end users.
The Field Finance IT Team, within the Deal Execution Services Team, is responsible for the End-to-End solution delivery supporting SAP’s Finance business processes closely interacting with our respective business users. Here we act as the Business’ trusted advisor and expert, driving together the simplification of business processes based on a user-centric approach. In a joint responsibility with the respective business and process teams, we identify strategic priorities, determine the portfolio and corresponding execution plans.
The Field Finance IT Team works on a wide variety of projects including – from on premise applications, cloud services and solutions to user experience, compliance, and operations support. You can be part of IT teams who showcase SAP as the company’s first and best reference customer through the SAP Runs SAP program and close collaboration and co-innovation with our SAP Standard Development Organization. The team is currently implementing the SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting solution in its own ERP system as a co-innovation program with Standard Development and the internal Business at SAP.
We are looking for a bright and motivated IT Technology Consultant who is capable working in a functional capacity when necessary. Qualified candidates should have working experience in business process design, requirements gathering, and Fit/Gap analysis, as well as ABAP development in the area of SAP Finance, Sales & Distribution and/or S/4 Hybris (BRIM) modules. Candidates with knowledge of current GAAP/IFRS rules and Revenue Accounting methodology and principles are preferred. Development experience in other areas such as JAVA, FIORI or SAPUI5 is nice to have.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Within our IT unit to enable best in class IT solutions for our SAP internal processes you will:
* Be part of an agile scrum team or traditional project team, assume responsibility for tasks and complete them end-to-end with the best quality and user experience
* Participate in requirements gathering and writing of User Stories or Technical Specification documents
* Design and implement new solutions using SAP’s latest technologies
* Write high quality, efficient, maintainable, well-documented backend and frontend code
* Drive continuous improvements with focus on quality, stability, usability, maintainability and ultimately customer satisfaction
* Assume a creative role in creating customer-facing content
* Be a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
* Develop skills and competency on latest solutions and technologies relevant for internal Finance processes.
* Revenue Accounting specific tasks include customizing of the Revenue Accounting module, data migration requirements gathering, data cleansing, involvement in rapid prototyping, testing, training and definition or even development of custom requirements.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Graduate in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
* Working experience in business process design, requirements gathering, and Fit/Gap analysis
* Experience with ABAP development in the area of SAP Finance, Sales & Distribution and/or S/4 Hybris (BRIM) modules.
* Knowledge of current GAAP/IFRS rules and Revenue Accounting methodology and principles is preferred
* Backend Programming Languages with JAVA and ABAP, nice to have
* Strong customer and quality focus, highly motivated and should be able to work independently
* Open for new ideas and technologies, creative and willing to learn from others
* Proactive thinking, good sense of responsibility and flexibility, a team player
* Self-motivated, result-oriented and creative
* Ability to think in a complex and rapidly changing environment
* Strong communication & networking skills as well as highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
* Strong positive energy & willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up and get things done’ to support the growth of the business
* Proven record of excellent performance.
* Minimum 4 – 6 years of work experience with SAP Applications – SD, FI
* Experience working in remote, cross-cultural teams
* Experience working in an Agile development environment, preferably SCRUM, a plus
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:**************************** or ****************************, APJ: *******************, EMEA: ***************). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Accounting, Revenue, ERP, SAP, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79229 →