Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented
software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX
professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a
differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of
software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit.
Our Product Groups:
Individual Investor building products like *************** and
mobile apps for individuals like yourself
Institutional Investor developing some of our flagship products
like Morningstar Direct for institutional investors and our Advisor
products for financial advisors
Workplace this is where we build and provide our hosted digital
advice platform for Retirement plans, 401K s, etc. (what some call
Data this is the heart of Morningstar where all data is sourced,
collected, transformed, calculated and distributed across the world
At Morningstar, helping investors is what brings us together and
drives our work. We are looking for software engineers who specialize
in Java and the JVM platform to join our team, grow with us, introduce
us to new ideas and develop products that empower our users. Every
day, you ll work with team members across disciplines developing
products for investors. You ll interact daily with our product
managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that
push us forward. We want to work with other engineers who bring
knowledge and excitement about our opportunities. These positions are
based in our Chicago office.
* Build well designed, well engineered, stable, scalable products
across a variety of markets
* Good working experience in OO analysis & design using common
* Follow software design best practices such as continuous
integration, test-driven development, and regular deployments.
* Solve investors problems with technology, understanding market
chaos at work and crafting technically appropriate interactive
experiences to communicate effectively with individual investors.
* Be passionate about quality, process, programming, and investing
in general, seeing opportunities for improvement, seizing them,
and then sharing your findings with others.
* Familiarity or desire to become an AWS certified developer
* Take ownership of the success of the team with a "gets things
done" attitude; the ability to understand and leverage new
technologies, potentially wearing many hats including business
analyst, DBA, QA, and project manager.
* Help to shape product vision.
* A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
* Three plus years of experience developing commercial quality web
* Solid experience with Java and the JVM ecosystem. Some areas that
our Java engineers work in: Java 8, Scala, SBT, Groovy, Maven,
Play, Spring Boot, Spring, Tomcat, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS
* Exposure and/or experience with supporting technologies: Messaging
(e.g. Rabbit MQ, AWS SQS), Databases (SQL Server, AWS Aurora,
MySQL, Postgress), Python, REST API s
* Experience with Java, Linux, and Tomcat, as well as experience
with full-stack web development.
* An understanding of how to protect web applications from common
* Knowledge of object-oriented design, domain modeling, and building
highly scalable and available systems.
* Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.