To provide senior level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new or existing technologies and tools.
This position is for an NGA technical lead to work on FFS Fund Administration projects.
We are looking for a candidate to provide expert level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools.
Must have proven track record of delivering solutions leveraging the agile methodology and lean concepts. The ideal candidate has experience developing and delivering software leveraging the following technologies and frameworks:
- JAVA – JDK 8, Spring Frame work 4.x & Spring Boot.
- REST Services using JERSEY – JAX RS implementation and/or other JAX-RS frameworks
- Web Frameworks – Angular JS, Node.js
- Spring MVC
- Oracle and Query Design, PL/SQL
- Unit Testing Frameworks: JUnit, Easy Mock and Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium
- Cloud Technologies – AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (this may be more of a plus than a requirement)
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes two years’ developer experience.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides senior level IT technical lead services and direction (which may include) software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on a single platform. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
2. Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
3. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
4. Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
5. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
6. Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project’s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
7. Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.