We’re not actively interviewing for junior developers right now, but don’t get bummed! We’re always looking for great people who are on the Gauge wavelength. So if you find yourself nodding your head and feeling the vibe as you read about our company and this position, send us your application anyway! We plan to begin interviewing for this position sometime in September, 2017.
Gauge is a collective of people who are passionate about the web and helping clients achieve their goals. We embrace technology, design, and business, and have been able to unite the three into an attractive mix for eCommerce retailers throughout the country. Gauge has grown steadily since 2007, and shows no signs of slowing down. We brainstorm about what it looks like to build a web company that our clients want to partner with into the future. That idea fuels us, and wed like your help to make it happen.
We enjoy a sun-filled, modern office in downtown Savannah, Georgia, and are thirty minutes from Tybee Island. Our location strikes the perfect balance between bigger city amenities and the slower pace of coastal life.
A Junior Web Developer will be expected to have a set of foundational skills in the core components of web development, and should be able to demonstrate these skills by providing links to their work on GitHub or a personal site. Maybe you’re just graduating with a Computer Science degree, or maybe you’re self taught. Either way, you should have a passion for technology, a willingness to learn and grow, a love for the web, and a desire to commit to our company and the clients we serve. Previous experience with Magento, while not required, is a huge bonus!
You will be working with our team of full-time designers and developers to learn the ins and outs of Magento, WordPress, and other web technologies to create effective and engaging eCommerce and web interfaces. We have a heavy focus on learning and teamwork, so you’ll be able to glean a lot of knowledge from the group as you dive into the code.
Gauge is a unique place, thanks to the dedicated, ambitious, down to earth, geeky, and fun people who make up our team. Together weve made a commitment to excellence, and we share a passion for technology. Whether we are in the office launching a new site, or heading to Forsyth Park to play soccer, we support each other and play well together.
Our clients are people with dreams and families, and most of them have built their business from nothing. They are the salt of the earth, and have great stories about how they started in their industry. We have the ability to help them achieve their dreams. If we do our job right, our clients get to hire more people, help more customers, and put their kids through college.
It can be easy to forget that there are people behind the email addresses we see every day, but there are. They are motivated, interesting, and trusting, and we have built friendships as weve done business over many years. All of this adds up to make our job incredibly rewarding.
* A basic understanding of OOP programming.
* Knowledge to diagnose and resolve browser rendering differences.
* Familiarity with Git or similar version control system.
* Excellent documentation, research, learning, and teaching skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues individually, and collaboratively.
* Strong self-management practices with meticulous attention to detail.
* The ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks over multiple projects with strict deadlines.
* A hunger for personal and professional growth.
* A level head under pressure.
* Proficiency with Mac OS X, Windows, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Customize and style the Magento front-end.
* Research, install, and configure various Magento Extensions.
* Build a Magento site from an approved design.
* Configure basic and advanced Magento settings.
* Update clients about project details during active projects.
* Apply revisions and updates to existing client sites as needed.
* Install and configure Magento on a development environment.
* Browser test for all major browsers and on multiple mobile devices.
* 20 business days of annual paid vacation
* 9 pre-determined holidays
* Insurance: United PPO Medical (50% paid by Gauge), optional dental and vision plans
_All benefits are awarded after successfully completing 3 months of employment. _
_Please note that we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas at this time. _
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/56237 →