Date: Dec 3, 2017
Location: Emeryville, CA, US
Company: Realogy Services Group LLC
About ZapLabs LLC
ZapLabs (***************) is the innovation and technology hub for global real estate leader Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), and the driving force behind inventive technology for brokers and agents affiliated with Realogy’s world renowned real estate brands. ZapLabs delivers its highly effective consumer, sales associate and broker solutions in support of Realogy’s leading franchise brands and is positioned to expand the scope of its technology development efforts to encompass Realogy’s other business segments, including residential brokerage, relocation and settlement services. ZapLabs is headquartered in Emeryville, California.
Job Title: Junior Java Engineer
At ZapLabs, we work to build and improve a platform that helps real estate professionals stay connected with home buyers and sellers nationwide. We do that by combining great technology with great people – and we’re looking for a Junior Java Engineer to join our team.
What we’re looking for:
You’re a recent graduate with the right skills, possibly some internship experience, and maybe even a little on-the-job experience – and you’re ready to take your skills to the next level. You’re itching to delve deeper into Java, Spring, Hibernate, and other new back-end technologies. You know how to work independently, but you also thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. You’ll bring your passion for writing efficient, maintainable, and reusable code – plus your unwavering commitment to quality, efficiently-architected services. And of course, you’re eager to learn everything you can!
What you’ll do:
At ZapLabs, you’ll play a key role in delivering quality products that make life easier for our agents, brokers, home buyers, and sellers. You’ll turn requirements into clean, scalable, and efficient back-end services. You’ll work with ZapLabs’ java engineering, front-end engineering, product management, and QA teams on a daily basis to design, test, and deliver first-rate, functional software. Most of all, you’ll be expected (and encouraged!) to learn quickly, makes some mistakes, develop some solutions, and make big contributions.
Skills, accomplishments, interests you should have:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* Some knowledge of developing Spring- and Hibernate-based web applications
* Ability to work quickly with an eye towards writing clean, efficient, reusable code
* Ability to build prototypes for new features that will delight our users and are consistent with business goals
* Iterate quickly in an agile development process
* Refactor early and often to continuously improve code quality
* Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
Nice to haves:
* Experience working within a software development team
* Working knowledge of Unix, preferably Linux
* Extensive LOTR or Star Wars knowledge
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Java, Real Estate, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Sales
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79181 →