Open Systems Inc
Open Systems Inc. (OSI) was founded in 1994 to provide information technology solutions and staffing services to large and mid-size companies across the U.S. Our corporate office is located at 6495 Shiloh Road, Ste 310 Alpharetta, GA 30005 . We provide a full range of staffing services including contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire solutions. Our technical recruiting experts are experienced in technical screening, candidate sourcing and behavioral interviewing techniques. They focus on providing candidates who match your technical requirements and fit seamlessly into your company culture.
Apply : Lead Accountant-SAP – Job# PXP-*******-292
You may also send your resume with the job# in the subject line to: *************************
Contact Open Systems, Inc. anytime by website, phone or email. We look forward to hearing from you!!
9 months+ Contract
No Third Party Applicants/Calls; No Corp to Corp Applicants; Visa Sponsorship Not Available
* Must have SAP experience (3 years); 8-10 years of ledger accounting. The candidate must be able to dive into the middle of all transactions but manage/lead when/where needed. We do not need a Director or Controller but someone who has in depth accounting/financial experience.
* Must know your way around financial modeling; not a financial planner.
* Excel is used for reporting-Excel to SAP-we do not need a super wiz with Excel but someone with solid experience.
Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts, monthly reporting requirements and maintenance of financial statements. Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of relevant supporting systems and processes. Provides guidance and leadership to staff accountants. Participates in departmental projects.
20% – Financial Data Management
– Manage accounting treatment of ongoing financial transactions
– Maintain accurate account and data reconciliation including supporting sub-ledgers, journals, and other financial documentation in a cost-efficient manner.
– Manage financial data necessary for accurate business results
– In collaboration with Client departments, manage the monthly close process.
25% – Controls and Compliance
– Insures full compliance with PC and CLIENT policies and internal controls
– Insures protection of company assets
– Serve as a liaison to internal and external auditors
– Assess areas of potential risk
– Establish and maintain effective internal controls
– Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement and implement new processes
– Examine financial statements for completeness, internal accuracy and conformance with IFRS uniform accounting regulations
– Within the limits of delegated responsibility, approve certain transactions.
– Review and interpret accounting policies and procedures
– Collaborate with other departments and CLIENT Shared Services to ensure timely delivery of high quality business support
15% – Financial Analysis
– Approve account analysis such as, but not limited to: balance sheet accounts, revenue, operating expenses, tax and other relevant accounts
– Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget analysis
– Provide strategic analysis and advice to Business Units
– Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of accounting topics
20% – Reporting
– Review all applicable financial statements
– Coordinate and prepare internal and CLIENT financial statements and reporting requirements.
– Identify management information needs, develop non-standard reports and statements when requested
– Support preparation of budgets
20% – Team/ Project Leadership
– Supervise accounting staff, including performance reviews, etc.
– Provide work leadership supervision, training and project management support, as required.
– Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
– Coordinate all accounting operational functions ensuring that activities are completed accurately and in a timely fashion
– Plan and direct all accounting functions
– Hire, train and retain competent accounting staff
– Identify, develop and monitor initiatives to meet performance targets
– Provide support to the Business Units management (moderate combination of scope, complexity and persuasion)
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree and related work experience, plus at least ten years of diverse accounting experience.
– CPA preferred
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59509 →