Responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical equipment and their control systems for assigned properties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to:
Monitoring and programming of building automation systems (BMS) to ensure efficient and comfortable building operation.
- Capable of effectively communicating mechanical challenges identified by BMS to field personnel and vendors
- Installation and maintenance of building automation systems and their associated components.
- Monitor and adjust mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
- Document and report activities to supervisor through utilization of CMMS work order entry and closeout.
- Interact with facilities and project management, staff, vendors and others encountered in the course of work.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (hot/cold calls, etc.) and customer concerns in a professional and caring manner.
- Must have strong ability to multitask and set priorities based on internal and external customer needs
- Assist leadership with trending BMS data identifying issues and driving solutions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
- May be only controls member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma(GED equivalent) or technical school and minimum of 5 years experience in complete building operations. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5+ years related work experience with building automation systems.
Must be able to use a PC for reviewing e-mail and accessing the Internet to access control systems and other applications.
Experience with any of the following BMS platforms a plus; Reliable Controls, Niagara / Tridium, Surveyor, Siemens, Automated Logic.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Universal CFC card, or other Appropriate Refrigeration Operation Operator License, Electrical 07 and 06 licenses
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles and to understand operating budgets. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/96200 →