Thinknear by Telenav is a leader in the mobile advertising industry. Our vision is to power the mobile advertising world at scale with location aware contextual information. This involves showing the right ad at the right time to the right person. In order to accomplish this, on any given day, the Thinknear platform must handle billions of ad impressions and terabytes of data. Needless to say, we are constantly looking for ways to optimize our systems.
About This Role
Our Cloud team is looking for a team leader who is excited to work on cloud deployments at large scales, automate cloud infrastructure on AWS, enable our engineers with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, and help plan and build out our data pipeline infrastructure.
- Lead a small team of cloud developers
- Help drive our cloud roadmap in regards to CI, containerization, and security
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance, efficiency, and security of Thinknear cloud resources using. (AWS, Heroku)
- Help us stitch it all together with Ansible, Ruby, and Cloudformation templates
- Build and maintain Jenkins CD pipelines and processes.
- Develop supporting services for our engineering teams. In addition to custom applications written in Java (Spring) and Ruby (Ruby on Rails), Thinknear platform runs on open source solutions such as Jenkins, Aerospike, PostgreSQL, Hive, Spark, Airflow, Redshift and Collectd.
- Solid understanding of OO programming principles (Ruby, Java, Python, etc.)
- 3 or more years of DevOps, cloud, or infrastructure management experience
- Experience with building and operating software in the cloud (AWS preferred)
Nice to have:
- Knowledgeable in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and scripting
- Knowledgeable in modern configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Fabric, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux containers (LXC) and similar technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and interpersonal communication, and documentation skills.
Telenav is a leading provider of connected car and location-based platform services, focused on transforming life on the go for people — before, during, and after every drive. Leveraging our location platform, global brands such as Ford, GM, Toyota and AT&T deliver custom connected car and mobile experiences. Additionally, advertisers such as Nissan, Denny’s, Walmart, and Best Buy reach millions of users with our highly-targeted advertising platform. To learn more about how Telenav’s location platform powers personalized navigation, mapping, big data intelligence, social driving, and location-based ads, visit www.telenav.com.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/98895 →