CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Lead Engineer position will focus on engineering, architecture and operation of the corporate firewall perimeter and other services within the Active Defense Network Security team.
Job duties include:
- Perform as the technical lead for all network security issues to include; effectively identifying and resolving problems, providing input on network strategy, network reliability and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- This position is the technical support SME (subject matter expert) for the existing infrastructure and is responsible for mentoring across the team.
- Will be expected to determine and teach root cause analysis utilizing packet captures, logs, and other analytical tools.
- Drive common objectives across multiple teams (Server, DNS, Network, VM, security, CIRT, INFOSEC etc.)
- Will develop and drive lifecycle and evolution for network security technologies.
- Will be responsible for development of written standards and policies.
- Will be responsible for architectural decisions that ensure the company provides the appropriate level of service as outlined in all policies and agreements.
- Particpation in after-hours, weekend and holiday on-call schedule required to maintain 99.999% uptime.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science or Other
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Nebraska-Omaha; US-Texas-San Antonio
Requisition #: 175709
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/113634 →