Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will play a central role in the design and development of the Glassdoor Jobs Platform. The ideal candidate will have a passion for development and a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume back-end systems with Java using an Agile development methodology. You should also have an analytical mindset, well suited for understanding information retrieval and machine learning algorithms.
In this role you work with a nimble, fast-growing, rapidly innovative and collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers based out of downtown San Francisco – so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also a must. And most importantly – we look for people that can prioritize, multitask, and deliver – because it’s a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Requirements
- 7+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume systems
- Passion in creating best-in-class software and following best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency and memory management
- Proficient with open source Java technologies like Spring, Hibernate, and Struts
- Proficient working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Riak
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices
- Experience working in any of the following areas: Crawling; Big Data; Internationalization
- Extra Bonus Points: you’re fun to be around!
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115459 →