CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Responsible for selling services and retaining revenue by providing technical customer support to assigned accounts. The Lead Sales Engineer interacts with customers to execute the technical aspects of the sales strategy by developing appropriate solutions and building technical relationships. The Lead SE is able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements and solutions to help qualify and quantify opportunities. The Lead SE resolves technical issues arising during the sales engagement, helps clients define specifications and requirements, develops solutions, and provides technology presentations to both technical and management-level audiences.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone. Must have a proactive communication style ensuring timely status of projects to account team and customer. Must be able to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus on these requirements with the customer. Ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Able to develop relationships and communicate with high level customer technical staff.
- Technical Skills: Advanced understanding of voice/data/internet applications, communications technology, and network design. Advanced understanding of technical terminology related to company products and services. Requires general knowledge of voice and data communications equipment. Advanced understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels, i.e., Internet and Enterprise. Advanced level presentation skills.
- Problem Solving: Advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Advanced ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge and usage. Ability to learn internal company systems, such as Siebel, Granite, and Network Engineer.
- Business Acumen: Must have intermediate understanding of company financial measures. Must have an intermediate understanding of telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
- Ability to travel as needed (Approx. 50%).
- Security clearance may be required.
- Customer Meetings and Meeting Preparation: Attends customer meetings in person and via the phone.
- Prepares moderately complex level technical proposals and presentations. Provides moderate scope responses to product and industry questions. Demonstrates proficient solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications.
- Customer Solution Development: Analyzes customers business needs and develops intermediate range strategies based on knowledge of customer’s current communication network, equipment, and business on how company can competitively meet customer’s needs. Independently completes moderately difficult custom designs.
- Internal and External Training: Advises customers and sales on technical aspects of company products including fit to customer’s needs, features, availability, etc.
- Customer Advocate: Escalation route for Sales Engineer I & II – acts as customer advocate as necessary for pre-sales activities and minimal post-sales activities.
- Process Improvement: Utilizes expertise developed in executing the above duties to help streamline and improve Sales and SE processes. Responsible for regularly recommending improvements to management team. Outlines changes needed to the process, products, and pricing based on the requirements.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience: 7+ yrs of sales engineering experience
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field Of Study: Engineering, Technical or similar
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US-Illinois-Chicago
Requisition #: 177712
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118129 →