CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
CenturyLink’s “Solutions With Advanced Technology” (SWAT) Team is responsible for providing in depth Tier 3 technical support for CenturyLink Pre-Sales Sales Engineering in support of all Business Solutions products. SWAT works closely with front line Sales Engineers to provide timely, accurate and complete technical answers in support of customer solutions.
This position will be responsible for providing customer facing and internal in-depth pre-sales technical support primarily for CenturyLink security product areas including Adaptive Threat Intelligence, DDoS Mitigation, Premise- and Cloud-based Firewalls and Managed Security Services. In addition, this position will provide technical security pre-sales support across the CenturyLink voice, network, hosting/colo/cloud and services portfolio.
Not only must a candidate understand the technology and services that CenturyLink offers but they must be able to work with the customer to fundamentally understand the technical requirements to create a solution that best meets the customer needs.
- Be part of a team to provide Sales Engineering one stop pre-sales technical support for CenturyLink products
- Support CenturyLink Sales Engineering in selling products and services by providing expert technical knowledge and experience.
- Provide thorough answers to questions including alternate and preferred technical solutions
- Be the technical subject matter expert for the CenturyLink security product portfolio including best practices in order to minimize post-sales issues
- Answer technical pre-sales questions related to CenturyLink’s product portfolio in a timely and accurate manner; address all technical pre-sales engineering questions and issues associated with complex products and solutions
- Develop and grow the Sales Engineering technical knowledge base in the CenturyLink security product portfolio by providing technical training and development support to the CenturyLink Sales Engineering organization
- Work with account teams in solving “one off” requirements; lead internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs
- Present solutions to customers up to and including C-Level staff
- Proactively provide customer feedback to teams across the organization
- Proactively provide input on strategic and tactical plans for new product development to teams across the organization
Primary Activity: Answer technical questions related to CenturyLink product portfolio in a timely and accurate manner
- Function as a technical subject matter expert for Adaptive Threat Intelligence, DDoS Mitigation, Premise- and Cloud-based Firewall and Managed Security Services by answering technical pre-sales questions via phone, e-mail and Instant Messenger, sometimes concurrently. Always prepared to discuss the pros and cons of any solution from a technical and supportability point of view
- Work with the account team to gather business and technology needs in order to formulate optimal solutions using CenturyLink products and industry best practices which minimize post-sales challenges
- Apply consultative selling and customer questioning techniques to identify new selling opportunities within existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and the sales team
- Clearly and professionally articulate technical answers in writing, on the phone, or in person
- Build and maintain technical documentation as it relates to supported products
- Provide phone, webinar and in person training to Sales Engineering on technical aspects of products and industry best practices
- Review and audit non-technical documentation proactively recommending changes to document owners
- Work in cross organizational teams to leverage other assets in providing assistance to sales
- Provide technical and non-technical feedback on new and existing products
- Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and then share this knowledge with the Sales Engineering community
- Bachelors Degree and at least 10 years’ experience in the security field, either selling, supporting, researching or developing.
- Demonstrable technical understanding of solutions using one or more of the following: firewalls, DDoS Mitigation appliances, Intrusion Detection and Prevention appliances, Log Monitoring, e-mail/content/URL filtering, Access Control Lists, IPsec, encryption
- Demonstrable technical understanding and at least ten year’s experience with Local Area Networks components including routers, switches, bridges, access points, load balancers and virtualized environments
- Demonstrable expert technical knowledge regarding Wide Area Network and Local Area Network design as it relates to OSI model Layers 1-4 including internetworking designs
- Knowledge of US and non-US compliance and legal areas including PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, SSAE16, FISMA and FedRAMP
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills. While 1337 knowledge is desired, effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills are critical to the success of this position
- Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques to qualify customer’s technical requirements and identify CenturyLink solutions while maintaining the role of trusted advisor to both the customer and sales team
- Able to work in a team environment with sales, service support organizations, vendors, and customers
- Ability to work autonomously and concurrently on multiple projects and associated deliverables, while still being a self-starter.
- Ability to seek and find alternative solutions when initial answer is no
- Positive work attitude coupled with an abundance of patience
- Willingness to freely and proactively share knowledge across team and organization
- Proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Ability to meet customer, company or self-imposed deadlines: time management skills are critical
- Strong project management skills
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to pass a credit check and obtain corporate credit card
- Periodic travel required within the United States (up to 10% annually)
- Knowledge and at least five years experience in running of computing infrastructures
- Working knowledge of IPv6
- Working knowledge of Software Defined Networking pros and cons
- Hands on with Cisco products such as AMP, the Meraki portfolio, Cisco Umbrella
- Significant design and engineering experience running firewalls, IDS, IPS or working in a SOC or at an ISP abuse desk
- Familiarity with the entire ordering process and different CenturyLink systems used
- Previous experience with stand-up teaching of technical classes
- Understand and implement Miller Heiman strategic sales techniques
- Industry leading hardware vendor certifications preferred (Cisco, Juniper, VMware and others)
- Non-hardware vendor certifications including CISSP, GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Work From Home-Work At Home
Requisition #: 175211
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110998 →