CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
We have an opening for an experienced Software Engineer to expand our team of engineers developing CenturyLink’s authentication and remote access security platform. This is a great opportunity for an experienced network software development engineer to move into the cyber security development field.
We want to hire unbelievably bright developers, who are a joy to work with, love to work with others, solve problems, listen well, and lead as appropriate. Oh, yeah, they have to love to learn new things, too. The candidate should have a passion creating applications, services, and building system’s integrations that streamline company operations, build system security, and keep our employees work focused on their core competency through enterprise-ready applications.
Limiting yourself to just one area of the technology stack would be unthinkable for this kind of developer, so we hope that you are comfortable doing everything from creating beautiful, friendly UIs, to crafting logical and easy to use APIs, generating systems integration, all the way to writing distributed computing algorithms between applications.
Beyond coding, the ideal candidate will have experience with networking and network element management, RADIUS, authentication platforms, and security best practice guidelines.
You’re the type that gets things done and solves problems. You love coding, enjoy the expanding field of security, and are passionate about learning new things to expand your skills. You want to contribute and create something that matters to you. You want freedom to code, without being interrupted by a crazy amount of meetings and interoffice bureaucracy. You’re a direct but open-minded communicator that’s also transparent and kind. If you’re laid back and appreciate an open door policy that means you can ask anyone anything – this is the job for you.
You’ll need to be well-versed in developing for the network and cyber security, using such technologies as
- Skilled at working with both Linux and Windows.
- Proficient in OO programming language, such as Java or C#.
- Familiar with working in with an IDE such as Visual Studio or Eclipse.
- Familiar with database environments (Sql Server, Oracle, MySQL) and writing SQL procedures and functions.
- Knowledgeable in maintaining a web service through IIS or Apache/Tomcat.
- Proficient in using Git.
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
This is a full stack position, with a high degree of systems integration, so you must love coding both the back and front ends.
- 5 years of professional development experience plus network or security relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, related field or equivalent experience
- Proficient in coding languages such as Java, C++, Expect, C##, PHP
- Familiar with security tools and concepts such as firewalls, multi-factor authentication, TACACS, virtual private networks (VPN), intrusion detection and prevention, endpoint security, mobility management, Host-Based intrusion detection and prevention, SIEM, privilege management, data loss prevention, Email Filtering a plus.
- Proficient with health monitoring tools and technologies
- Proficient with multiple operating systems; Linux, Windows, Solaris, Mac OSX
- Advanced knowledge of networks, applications, operating systems, databases, etc.
- Fluent in at multiple scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with good knowledge of tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical problems pertaining to security.
- Experienced in Test Planning and Test Execution
- Experience in large enterprise or carrier data centers and/or networks a bonus
- CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CISM or CISA or equivalent level certifications
- Network or Operating System certifications current or expired strongly desire.
Bachelors or Equivalent in Information Systems or Other Technology
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Kansas-Gardner; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 174823
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110275 →