The person in this position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of software development methodologies and processes to facilitate the priortization of development projects and allocation of resources based upon the criticality of business objectives. Work with senior management in identifying, testing and implementing products and architectures that will best prepare the company to meet future business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Leads developers in applying widely accepted ‘best practices’ for controlling projects progress, costs and resources in relation to planned schedule, milestones, and deliverables
– Build relationships based on trust and gains buy-in through effective communications and influence. Acts with integrity and honors commitments
– A leader who ‘walks the talk’ and rolls up his/her sleeves and gets actively involved with the project
– A strong advocate of team building
– Serves as technical lead for proof of concept/pilot projects to research how specific technologies can be incorporated
– Leads technical architecture and design reviews and technical signoff at both elaboration and construction phases of project
– Writes Architecture and Technical design documents
– Improves products and supports company objectives by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems
– Creates technical reports, memoranda and instructional manuals as documentation of program development
– Assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities
– Works with other development managers to organize and schedule resources to accomplish goals
– Responsible for delivering high quality software to our quality assurance team
Training and/or Experience:
– Seven plus years of experience in software development field
– Experience creating casino gaming software preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Strong understanding of the software development cycle
– Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem solving skills
– Experience in computer programming using web application frameworks
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Five plus years of experience with C#, .Net Framework preferred
– Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
– Master’s preferred
– The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
– Some domestic and international travel required
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, ‘SG’) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Job ID: 7474
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years. Contact Info
– Alpharetta, GA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.