Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.As a Cengage employee, you will pioneer transforming the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We bring our "A" game, unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, everything we do, we do for the learner.
Cengage is seeking a strong Senior level Software Engineer for its Digital Commerce team, which is accountable for feature development on Cengage’s commerce platforms. These systems are used by millions of students and instructors annually to search for and purchase a diverse set of learning products. Most notably, we’re looking for software engineers that have both broad experience with core Java/J2EE and SQL, as well as depth in WebSphere Commerce experience.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Take ownership of project timelines and deliverables, acting as a lead engineer and mentor for others on the delivery team
- Design, architect, develop and test new features on Cengage’s commerce platforms, with scalability and reliability in mind
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and the rest of the agile development team to build new features based on varying business requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Build domain expertise in eCommerce systems, applying engineering expertise to develop new product features
Skills You Will Need Here:
- 8 years in-depth WebSphere Commerce experience (v7 or v8), with demonstrated design and development experience in each subsystem
- Proficiency in Java technologies (Java, JSP, JSTL, EJB, etc.)
- Strong experience in WCS REST API and headless architecture
- Strong experience designing WCS extensions to the framework with a focus on utilizing OOTB functionality
- Strong experience in maximizing WCS framework stability and performance in an AWS environment
- Strong experience with complex catalog modelling and interpreting an extremely large catalog into WC catalog objects
- Ability to mentor other team members on the WCS framework, including proper framework extensions (services, command, CMC, data model, etc.)
- Strong experience working across complex enterprise systems to enhance current processes and procedures, while ensuring validity of enterprise data
- Proven expertise with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Ability to solve architectural and system issues involving scalability and relational databases
- Ability to change context and priorities based on changing business needs
- Self-motivated and able to make progress in the face of unknowns
- Strong team focus with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Experience with Bloomreach (Hippo) and/or Adobe CMS
- Experience with React.js, JQuery, and/or Angular.js (1.6.4 and 2)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116456 →