The Lead Software Engineer (Java) is responsible for development activities for FanThreeSixtys back-end RESTful web services and data integration application, collaborating with Product Development, Mobile and Web Development teams. In addition, the Java Developer is responsible for developing high-performance RESTful web services to use by FanThreeSixty and third party applications, along with creating real time data ingestion services.
* Work with a team of Software Engineers to achieve quality and on-time releases.
* Own Agile software development all the way to code release, making sure to follow all processes and procedures.
* Perform all development activities, including backlog prioritization/estimation, sprint planning, sprint execution, daily scrums, quality assurance/testing, and sprint review.
* Collaborate with Technical Architects, Product Leads, the Quality Assurance Team and the Client Services Team to drive new enhancements for our products to a successful release.
* Own your enhancements, ensuring they are integrated successfully with all other aspects of the FanThreeSixty platform.
* Collaborate with the Product Team on functional requirements to ensure a quality end product.
* Improve performance of server side and backend components to ensure optimal response time.
* Learn new technologies to solve the most complicated problems in the fan engagement/sports industry.
* Represent FanThreeSixty in a professional manner at all times.
* Perform other related tasks as assigned.
* Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* High stamina and ability to handle pressure.
* Collaboration skills.
* Excel working both independently and in a group to create business solutions.
* Comfortable with cutting-edge technology.
* Unrelenting desire to deliver high quality products.
* Strong problem solving skills.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, CIS or Computer Engineering required.
* Strong backend development skills using Java in a professional environment.
* Exposure and practical use of good Java practices and patterns.
* Experience with non-relational databases, such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
* Experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL.
* Experience with Spring Framework, Play Framework and Hibernate.
All qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. This position does not provide employment visa sponsorship.
Health and Wellness
* Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
* HSA/FSA options
* Basic Life Insurance/AD&D, and Short- and Long-term Disability at no cost to associate
* Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Sporting Healthy Lifestyles Wellness Program
* 24/7 gym and workout facility in the office
Paid Time Off
* Paid holidays
* Paid Birthday holiday
* 401k Retirement Savings with competitive company contribution
* Discount on Sporting KC tickets and merchandise
* Monthly credit to Company Market or OneLife Fitness
* Company lunches, parties, and happy hours
* Casual dress
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59191 →