CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
We have an opening for an experienced Technical Project Manager to facilitate Active Defense initiatives. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Project Manager to move into the Cyber Security field. The Technical Project Manager partners in a team environment while being able to independently manage and document all aspects of one or more technical project(s) that are tactical or strategic.
Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting, and analysis.
We’re interested in a Technical Project Manager that is skilled in getting the best out of people and projects they oversee. They thrive when planning projects and working with project teams. The ideal candidate will have a desire to grow in the Cyber Security field with a preference for those previously leading initiatives for any of network security, endpoint security, authentication, data loss prevention, or email security programs.
- Provides technical direction to engineering projects and services in an assigned area; from design to production.
- Ensure that the project is on schedule, is high quality, is within determined budget, and meets the measures of success (MOS) and the high-level achievements (HLA).
- Maintain knowledge in several of the following: software development lifecycle management, software testing methodology, production deployment, technical architecture development, and requirements management.
- Accountable for timely project completion and delivery.
- Input into scope packages, identify roles/responsibilities, and deliverables for day to day projects.
- Develop the project delivery schedule which includes identification and logical sequencing of activities needed to complete deliverables and to identify critical paths. Identifies risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Provide input to and communication of project plans, project status, and issues to all stakeholders, including executive management and project team. Engage guidance from mentors as appropriate.
- Perform monitoring and controlling functions – monitors and acts upon project metrics develop and manage the project plan, business case, resource plan, etc. Oversees project from beginning to end, includes all documentation and communication with stakeholders, inter-team coordination, and multi-discipline or multi-business unit coordination
- Provide leadership and coordination of all engaged functional groups, including analysts, engineers, developers, testers, production support teams, and business clients.
- Manages project risks, issues, and escalations by identifying and escalating to leadership for assistance in applying mitigation strategies to project plan to ensure overall project success.
- Lead and organize cross-functional teams
- Input all necessary data for project tracking and planning
- Utilize appropriate project management tools, e.g., MS Project, Excel, etc.
- Manages process compliance and provides input to incremental process improvements with the use of lessons learned and other project process tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related experience
- 8+ years related experience in Project Management, analysis or Architecture
- Proven working experience as a project manager in the information technology or security sector.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communications skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of organization with attention to detail and
- Master’s degree
- 6+ years related experience
- Project and process management related certifications a plus. PMP, ITIL, CAPM, PMI, GIAC
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition #: 177217
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116543 →