Requisition ID R41471
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Data Science
Manager, Data Science position with Capital One Services, LLC in Chicago Metro Area, IL; Multiple positions available:
- Manage data analysis and modeling projects involving the application and validation of statistical and other mathematical methods in support of business strategy development.
- Perform overall design and manage the performance of quantitative and qualitative data modeling, statistical analysis, forecasting, and validation projects to structure uncompromised and efficient models applying specialized statistical analysis software and advanced mathematical and statistical methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize economic data.
- Manage project teams of up to 4 professionals applying statistical theory and methods, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting, statistical modeling, multivariate linear and logistic regression, and experimental design to design, analyze, build, validate, and help implement quantitative predictive models in order to solve business-level problems.
- Manage data model performance and provide expert guidance to senior business leadership.
- Identify opportunities to apply statistical methods to improve business performance, generate new ideas, and influence business leaders.
- Prepare detailed reports to senior management regarding the results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables understandable by non-statisticians.
The position requires a Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field and 2 years of experience in job offered or statistical analysis or modeling and the following skill set through education or experience: qualitative and quantitative data analysis; developing reports; multivariate linear and logistic regression; experimental design; SAS or SQL; presentation of complex statistical concepts and research results to non-statistical audience. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company’s assessment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/128184 →