Client Reference Code: 204034
Reporting to the Sr. Director Engineering, the Network Engineering Manager is responsible in leading and developing a world-class Network Engineering organization. Network Engineering Manager will provide leadership in three areas- business leadership, people leadership and technical leadership. Partnering and collaborating with various teams in organization Network Manager is responsible to develop team efficiencies programs that enable continual improvement. Actively managing the growth and development of the team to ensure the competency of the Network team is at its best and diverse to support the business technologies and solution offerings. Collaborating and leveraging the team skills to support all aspects of the business to improve effective business interactions, revenue growth and high levels of customer satisfaction.
We are looking for an experienced technical network manager with expertise in cloud, enterprise and datacenter networking technologies to join our team! This is an opportunity to lead a high-performance team that is driving the ongoing evolution of our network infrastructure. You will collaborate and innovate with smart and passionate people within Spectrum Enterprise Navisite to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line and will manage a team of dynamic and talented network professionals who want to learn from your experience and skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership Aspects
- Foster teamwork and cross business collaboration and in partnership to ensure all areas of the business are engaging appropriately with the respective communities.
- Manage & motivate through listening, communicating, coaching, mentoring, delegation, and empowerment. Persuade through passion and lead by example. Build and maintain high morale through regular recognition and reward opportunities. Develop a high performing team that can scale to deliver on the organizational goals
- Exhibit executive communications, conduct effective meetings, presentations, negotiate, resolve conflicts, and exhibit effective time and priority management.
- Partner with build & operations teams to ensure the success of new deployments and ensure that operational feedback is incorporated into network designs.
- Own relationships with key network vendors.
- Technical Aspects
- Design, test, implement network infrastructure within Navisite’s datacenters
- Work closely with the architecture team as well as other engineering teams to come up with solutions to complex technical problems
- Continual self-development with regard to technology, industry, processes, and programs in order to assist the engineering organization in meeting their goals
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems that arise in support of Managed Hosting and Cloud Providers platforms used by large and complex IT customers.
- Work with the security organization to assess exposure, identify mitigation plans and ensure compliance with all relevant security configuration standards including but not limited to achieving various compliance standards
- Drive the development and operationalization of new technologies, platforms, and features.
- Track open issues and problem records to meet lifecycle management and business requirements.
Leadership/soft Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in attracting and retaining high-performance, geographically-distributed, highly technical team through mentoring, coaching, development, appraisal and motivation techniques. Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results towards those objectives.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, frequently changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence across multiple teams.
- Experience in technology leadership experience for sustaining engineering of a large, geographically distributed datacenter infrastructure.
- Experience leading teams by following Agile methodologies like SAFe
Technical Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks including campus, datacenter, and cloud implementations.
- Experience with datacenter switching technologies using Cisco Nexus and ACI
- Experience with IP routing protocols including BGP and OSPF, as well as related technologies such as MPLS, QoS, and VPNs.
- Experience with public cloud implementations
- Experience supporting hybrid datacenter and public cloud implementations.
- Extensive experience in delivering services and driving consistencies using automation
- Extensive experience in engineering large scale, high performance, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS environments.
- Expertise around specifying, designing and implementing cloud management, system health, storage, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of best practices in security, including access control, log analysis, intrusion detection and incident response.
- Experience with Compliance (SOCs, HIPPA, SIAS etc.)
- Knowledge of ticketing systems used for incident, change and problem management like BMC ITSM
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent training, education and experience.
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Network Engineering experience 10+
Management experience 5+
Job Code : TWCENW500 Mgr, Network Engineering Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/34232 →