Client Reference Code: 214379
About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America’s largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
The Manager of Sales Engineering will manage regional Sales Engineering teams that work closely with the Sales Managers, Account Executives and Account Managers. The Sales Engineering team is responsible for the overall technical aspects of pre-sale activity, including technical presentations, customer requirement gathering, pre-sale designs, capital requirements, and identifying strategic and field trial opportunities.
The Manager of Sales Engineering will be responsible for recruiting, training and managing all Pre-Sales support. This position requires an accomplished technical professional with experience and knowledge of service provider solutions and the demands of enterprise markets for services and connectivity. The Manager of Sales Engineering will interface with counterparts in Product Development, Corporate/Regional Engineering, Sales, Project Management, Operations, and Training to ensure that Spectrum Enterprise processes and products support the achievement of sales objectives.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Sales Engineers responsible for supporting sales teams through pre-sales and/or post sales technical consulting activities with focus Fiber Internet Access (FIA), Private Networking Solutions based on MEF standards, Voice solutions, and Navisite Cloud Solutions
- Plan and direct the day-to-day management of a sales engineering team
- Oversee hiring, training/development and performance evaluations
- Consistently evaluate and develop Sales Engineers by evaluating skill levels, coordinating training activities, and developing internal and external certification expectations in order to support the revenue initiatives of Spectrum Enterprise
- Manage Sales Engineer assignments and work flows in support of local and regional sales opportunities
- Ensure sales, operations, and engineering process integrity
- Act as liaison and escalation contact with internal Operations and Engineering departments
- Act as local and regional resource and source of escalation for both pre- and post-sales issues
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review sales engineering team performance to defined goals
- Perform primary functions of Sales Engineer as required to support local and regional opportunities
- Attend sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four (4) year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Two to Five years of sales engineering management experience, preferably managing teams selling data, voice and/or video solutions in the commercial telecommunications market
- Five or more years’ combined experience in Technology Management, Network Design and Engineering, Project Management, and/or Sales Engineering Management
- Experience with competing technologies and service providers and application of that knowledge in the sales cycle
- Must be an effective communicator that can direct and motivate a sales engineering organization to successful goal attainment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- An ability to work closely with Sales VPs, Directors, and Sales Managers with proven knowledge of the sales cycle
- Strong sales skills in presentation and proposal design
- Strong knowledge of general industry networking technologies such as TCP/IP, IP VPN, MPLS, VPLS, Ethernet, VoIP, SONET, DWDM
- Familiar with various networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU/DSU and other CPE
- Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications
- Extensive voice networking experience with emphasis on VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
- Extensive experience with routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, RIP as well as knowledge of emerging technologies
- Preferred understanding of transport technologies common in Service Providers network such has DWDM, SONET and Ethernet
- Ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines
- Proficient in MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Industry recognized network certifications such as MEF, CCNP, CCIP or CCIE levels preferred, but not required
- Valid Driver’s License, with satisfactory driving record and auto insurance coverage
Job Code : TWCSEN530 Mgr, Sales Engineering Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/128155 →