Client Reference Code: 209756
Responsible for managing and executing project plans for bandwidth transport and capacity management of network needs and forecasting for telephone connectivity. Responsible for administering Company policy and providing efficient operation in the areas of planning, project development and design, implementation, inventory management for the Charter telephone network and associated leased capacity, and numerous internal corporate customers for transport and capacity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Manages and provides direction to the Transport and Capacity Engineering team.
- Provides project management and network planning support for the telephone launches from a connectivity perspective.
- Develops and maintains processes and procedures associated with Transport, Circuit management and Capacity Engineering functions.
- Develops and produces reports clearly indicating benchmarks, critical paths, resource loads, schedule slack and required plan adjustments; identifies project slips and provides suggested corrective courses to recover schedule slippage.
- Provides project and vendor coordination of access providers; provide billing coordination, verification, and support to network key holders and corporate accounting.
- Provides contract negotiation and support to the Corporate Contracts Manager.
- Manages the SS7 circuits and translation requirements for all new telephone launches and existing VOIP switches.
- Manages toll free numbers; routing and capacity inbound to all charter call centers.
- Manages Enterprise and wholesale LD circuit orders and capacity requirements for Divisions, NSOC and Corporate offices
- Ensures compliance with established processes, procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Hands on experience with IP Networking and Structure
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects to meet target dates for implementation, to prioritize and organize effectively
- Experience writing process and procedures
- Expert level working with Excel and advanced skills utilizing Power Point
- Strong experience with vendor and contract negotiation
- Ability to analyze telephony connectivity requirements using the LERG (Local Exchange Routing Guide)
- Broad knowledge of circuit ordering for bandwidth requirements (e.g., Fractional T1, T1, DS3, OCX).
- Broad knowledge of SONET ring functionality, testing, and activation
- Broad knowledge of IP transport and routing protocols, testing, and activation
- Ability to work well with all levels of organization, varied disciplines and degrees of technical business experience and external access providers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings (e.g., fiber maps, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties and goals
- Proficient in use of personal computer and software applications (i.e. office applications, project scheduling programs and mapping software, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
Professional level Network Certification or equivalent work experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
5 Years Transport experience in Telecommunications or related industry
3 Years Program development or project planning experience
3 Years Management experience
Some travel may be required
Job Code : TWCETC530 Mgr, Transport & Cap Net Eng Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100076 →