|Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Responsible for driving the design of award-winning, functional UIs across multiple media platforms within the cable TV industry from mobile and tablet applications to television and web interfaces as a motivated and energetic Digital Art Director. Collaborates with other designers, user experience experts and product specialists to define the newest multimedia experience for millions of customers as a member of a talented and fast-paced product team. Reports to Director of Solutions Intergration. Translates wireframes and requirements into pixel-perfect, typographically beautiful and development-ready experiences.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Understands both front-end development and backend system capabilities.
- Functions as the liaison and facilitates collaboration between the Product Management team and the other supporting functional organizations (Product Development, Engineering, etc.) to properly interpret and deliver accurate designs.
- Gathers collaborative information to translate high level process goals into specific sub-processes with appropriate supporting artwork.
- Supports the development of Product Strategies dependent on new services/features. Works with engineering and product management peers to ensure the strategy is successfully implemented.
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good organizational and office management skills
- Excellent cognitive and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong business sense and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Highly accomplished designer in the digital realm and an innovative self-starter with fantastic collaboration skills
- Possess empathy for users, knowledge of and passion for the entertainment industry
- Ability to translate high level user interface designs or wireframes into pixel perfect artwork
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience
Prefer technical degree related to the telecommunications field or operational/process optimization
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Product Design and Development Process 3-5
Related industry experience (Cable, Telecommunications,
Software/Online Services) 3-5
Extensive experience working and collaborating with front-end developers
to realize the creative vision
Product Management and/or Product Development Experience Required, preferably in Cable, Telecommunications, Software or Web Services
Exceptionally talented artist with strong background in Photoshop or other graphic design tools