At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position is for a software developer within the Quantitative Analytics team of the broader Enterprise Market Risk Technology (EMRT) group. EMRT works with its business partners to identify, measure, aggregate and report firm-wide market risk. The Quantitative Analytics team is specifically responsible for building, enhancing, and maintaining the core risk analytics used for calculation of firm-wide market risk.
- The core risk analytics software utilizes core Java, SQL Server, Autosys, IBM Platform Symphony, and Coherence and consists of the following:
- A framework to integrate models for valuing a broad spectrum of assets (equities, fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange, structured products) and their associated derivatives.
- Models to perform the valuations – Some models are built in-house, some are integrated 3rd party libraries, and some are integrated as calls to trading/valuation systems.
- Stress scenarios and stress testing framework to support internal stress testing and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR).
- Historical simulation engine to calculate simulated P&L vectors
- A high performance distributed computation grid and in-memory cache
Candidates applying for this position should be prepared to work in this software environment with the following expectations:
- Perform in the high level technical and analytics role as an individual contributor developing software for the various risk analytics processes
- Work directly with business analysts, Market Risk Officers, and Quantitative Risk Analytics group (Quants) to understand requirements
- Read and understand business specifications and create functional specifications from them
- Create thorough designs – taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture
- Write high quality code in the Java language using object oriented principals and design patterns as appropriate
- Create/modify SQL Server database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, etc) as needed
- Perform high quality thorough unit testing and documentation of development activities
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations and/or data requires a solid grasp of both computing and business/risk domains
- Work with large data sets requiring extreme attention to computational efficiency, parallelism, and scalability
- Assure quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications
- 5+ years of application development experience
- 3+ years of securities industry experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Object Oriented experience
- Advanced experience in capital markets business and processes
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEC, FNRA, and international regulations for building technological solutions
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: analysis and design
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: design patterns and their application
- Knowledge and understanding of application lifecycle, from design and development to testing, implementation and production support
- Autosys experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology platform development including large scale technology in a capital markets environment
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management or quantitative modeling
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management, in financial services
- Knowledge and understanding of risk measures and calculations ( dv01, delta, vega, gamma)
- Knowledge and understanding of technology development: support of complex risk and pricing models
- A Master’s degree or higher in information technology
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/161907 →