Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Material Master Data Steward works under the direction of Shared Services and is responsible for managing material master data entry processes and procedures across multiple business units. The Material Master Data Steward is responsible for the investigation and documentation of data processes, enforcing data governance and working with business units to establish data rules and workflow. The Material Master Data Steward works closely with the Material Data Owner, the Technical/Reporting Leads, and the Master Data Governance (MDG) manager to standardize, streamline and improve the materials creation process and implement other needed changes effectively. This individual establishes plans and objectives for maintaining Material Master data integrity and is the gatekeeper for Data Governance best practices. This role is actively engaged in materials-related projects and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the team operates at a level of optimal efficiency. This role promotes Data Governance and helps build a collective, shared vision for focused, consistent and ongoing data quality initiatives.
- • Manage the communication and decision-making between IT and the business for Material-related data initiatives • Manage team of data entry resources • Partner with project teams to integrate governance practices as part of a new project lifecycle • Develop and implement Data Governance metrics/KPIs that monitor and measure the effectiveness of MDG• Lead MDG integration initiatives across multiple Bridgestone companies• Define, implement and monitor data governance standards, policies, and processes for Material Master in relation to Data Governance• Manage efforts to identify, prioritize & approve data and/or process enhancements in conjunction with the business data owner• Maintain metadata documentation, policies and training guides for MDG• Lead all aspects of change management and training related to the rollout and ongoing activities of the Data Governance program • Periodically review the data process for setting up and/or modifying materials in SAP MDG and other enterprise resource planning systems• Effectively identify and communicate critical issues to the Data Governance manager• Maintain service level agreements (SLA) between Master Data Governance and internal customers/clients• Identify ongoing data issues for potential solution integration• Adapt quickly to software upgrades and/or system implementations
- • Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Systems or related field(s)• Minimum of 5 year’s experience in data analysis, data quality management or process improvement • Previous experience managing others• Strong familiarity with material process and administration• Strong analytical skills researching issues and analyzing data anomalies for root cause• Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Experience communicating with all staff levels up to and including executive levels of management • Cross-functional team leadership experience • Strong organizational skills • Highly motivated, self-starter• A positive, engaging disposition with high personal integrity, credibility, and energy
- Familiarity of SAP, including managing master data domains
- Experience working on or with a data governance or data quality programs
- Six Sigma certification
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with advanced MS Excel and/or Access skills
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110152 →