Welcome to DataFinch Technologies!
With the autism prevalence rate jumping as high as 1 in 42 live births, clinicians, parents and teachers are relying on technology to streamline effective treatments and in turn are helping kids learn new skills faster and helping them to better function in society.
DataFinch Technologies is the leader in this space. Founded in 2010, and organically grown to almost 50 employees (no investors!), our flagship product has been on the market for 7 years and over that time, we have served almost 100,000 kids with autism and those children have mastered (acquired) over 6 million new skills using our software.
Our Tech and culture
Our applications are built on a Microsoft .NET tech stack. We have a mobile app for iOS and Android developed in Xamarin, web applications developed in .Net Core, MVC, Angular4, JQuery and nHibernate, everything is hosted in Microsoft Azure and our code is hosted in github. We are an agile organization utilizing scrum with a 2 week sprint cycle.
We have a well-thought out continuous integration environment with automated deployments to Azure. Using Teamcity and Octopus Deploy, we have automated the spinning up full environments in Azure against our pull requests in github allowing us to streamline testing and integration without poisoning trunk branches.
Our scrum teams are co-located and are organized into collaborative private areas for each team with many hoteling offices provided for privacy and quiet if needed.
What we are looking for
We are in the process of breaking apart our flagship application into Micro Services. We are looking for senior developers and architects that have diverse experiences dealing with performance, load, scaling and overall architecture to help us take our platform to the next level.
You should include these in your application:
* A write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program?
* A piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn’t have to be your own code.)
* Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc).
* A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
If there are technologies you’d be particularly interested in working with, please let us know (and tell us why!). This way we can have you interview with the people you’ll likely work best with. This won’t bind you to a specific teamwe can figure that out together as the we learn more about your interests and strengths.
We like our recruiting process to be transparent to our candidates. It roughly consists of the following steps:
* An initial call between you and a member of our team. Well tell you more about the company, the work that we do, a day in the life of one of our developers, and why we think DataFinch is a great place to work. Our pitch, basically. Youll surely have some questions for us. Ask away! We will also have some basic technical questions on this call, but they are more for scoping your experience, rather than to determine if you move forward. You will move forward past this point.
* 1-2-1 technical phone interviews. Well connect you with members of our team for more in-depth technical conversations to see what you know and how your mind works.
* In-person interviews. We now have a good sense of your skillset. If it seems like a good fit, well bring you in to meet with the team for some final interviews and whiteboarding!
* The offer. If you made it this far, hopefully weve hired you!
* Develop technology to treat autism!
* Frequently catered lunch and company outings
* Flexible work hours
* Fully-stocked breakroom
* Fun and collaborative work environment
* 20 days PTO + major holidays 401(k) with company contributions
* Premium insurance plan including health, dental, vision
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/58955 →