.NET Web Developer
– Job Location:Headquarters – Alexandria, VA
– Job Status:Full Time
– Position Type:IT – Operations
– Date Posted:12/27/2017
– Location Address:880 S. Pickett Street
Alexandria, VA 22304
– Job Description:
– BoatU.S., a part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, is currently interviewing for a full-time .NET Web Developer to work at our Headquarters location, in Alexandria, VA.
The Web Developer will be responsible for designing, programming, testing and documenting new and existing applications to meet the needs of our business users and customers. The position requires working in a team atmosphere to develop web applications in a variety of business areas.
– Regular exposure to business stakeholders and management, as well as the opportunity and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
– Analyze specifications and develop requirements
– Write, maintain and support software
– Coordinate with team and communicate status
– Job Requirements:
– Candidate Qualifications
– .NET or Java development experience
– Knowledge of SQL and familiarity with Oracle or SQL Server databases
– Understanding of software engineering principles
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
– Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
– Objected-oriented programming and design patterns
– Experience with Scrum and the Agile SDLC
– RESTful API Development
– Mobile App Development (Android and/or iOS)
– Unit testing and continuous integration
– Linux/Unix and shell scripting
– ******* MVC 5/Core
– Entity Framework
– Developing Windows Services and Web Services
– ******* Experience
– Team Foundation Server
– Microsoft Visual Studio
– Insurance or Accounting background
BoatU.S., part of GEICO and the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, offers a range of insurance products and services to recreational boaters nationwide through Geico Marine Insurance Company and Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatU.S.) For more information visit us at ******************* or **************.
Our employees quality of life is important to us. Full-time BoatU.S. employees are offered a comprehensive benefits program*, including:
– 401(k) plan
– Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
– Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
– Tuition reimbursement
– Employee assistance programs
– Flexible spending accounts
– Business casual dress
*Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
********** an Equal Opportunity Employer. Background, criminal history and hair drug testing are required as part of our pre-employment process.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/126279 →