Requisition ID 2017-29406
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields.
The Network Administrator leads a team to maintain, operate, and plan for changes to networks. Through the team, responsible for switch patching, network performance and trends, wireless access, security compliance and monitoring, and overall performance.
* Architects, configures, and implements hardware required to operate local area networks/wide area networks (LANs/WANs) in coordination with the facility operations staffs.
* Serves on integrated teams resolving problems escalated to Tier 2 or 3 support.
* Plans, designs, and manages the lifecycle of network technologies.
* Provides network guidance to facilities that are new, moving or renovating and coordinates the installation of new network circuits.
Responsible for leading and/or assisting in the following network planning tasks:
* Setting network standards
* Validating proposed network changes
* Performing network assessments and providing results in reports
* Testing new technologies
* Designing network solutions
* Documenting network solutions
* Plannint and implementing network solutions including supporting facility network cabling, conducting surveys and modifications using network standards and configuration change management processes.
* Supervises a team of engineers and technicians. Manages the workforce and ensures all of the staff are current in their training while providing excellent customer service
Candidates must be willing to submit resumes to be included in the final proposal submission. Employment is contingent upon contract award.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
* CCNA or other certifications preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.