With a wide range of knowledge, designs, installs and maintains the network system and coordinates its use. Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks. Manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures and trains users. Will be working shift in a Network Control Center 24x7x365.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations and analysis
– Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
– May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
– Provides effective mentoring to staff
– Must be able to analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests and create solutions to network problems, often highly complex in nature
– Creates new solutions to network problems
– Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network measurement criteria and be exact in assessments
– Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
– Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
– Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of network analysis
– Manages expenditures effectively and maintains organized ordering process
– 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
– CCNA or equivalent preferred
– ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
– DoDI 8570.01m (CompTIA Security ) Certification Required
Benefits of this Position:
– Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
– Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
– Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
– 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
– Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
– We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
– Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
– Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
– Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
– Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
– Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
– Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
– Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-42524
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. Contact Info
– Newington, VA
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.