Applicant will provide one-on-one Tier 3 level technical support for resolution of the most complex technical problems with JEXC2 networks without escalation. Will input, monitor and track trouble tickets through resolution.
Applicant will have the ability to work autonomously using independent judgment based on training and experience to resolve technical issues that have not been previously observed. Applicant will be expected to access and utilize multiple resources to resolve difficult issues.
Applicant will perform network maintenance including IA, patches, upgrades, and other routine maintenance of the Mission Support Center (MSC) NIPRnet and SIPRnet systems especially including routers, switches and other network appliances. Network status will be communicated to other personnel for input into VRAM as required.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize requirements.
Applicant will be familiar with DoD 8570.01-M & DODD 8570.01 and will ensure that compliance with those requirements are met.
Applicant will mentor Tier 2 and other Tier 3 personnel who are new hires by assisting them with problems outside their skillset.
May require some work outside normal hours.
CONUS or OCONUS Deployments may be required.
Physical fitness test is required in support of deployability.
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
Professional certification in specific technologies, depending on job assignment: Security+ (required), and the following desirable: CCNA, CCNP, SCNP
Substantial experience and a high degree of competency with the technical aspects (routers, switches, network appliances and other network related elements of the JEXC2 suite of deployable systems or with similar C4ISR environments that utilize most of the applications listed below. Solid working knowledge of the wide area networks and server architectures which interface with or interoperate with the JEXC2 networks.
– Wide Area Network (WAN) protocols
– Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
– Department of Defense (DoD) network security
– DoD Information Assurance requirements – DoD Manual 8570.01-M & DODD 8570.01
– 16 Port Storage Area Network (SAN) switches
– Call Manager
– Various Cisco switches
– Cisco Works
– Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS)
– Defense Collaboration Tool Set (DCTS)
– Defense Information Systems Network-Tactical Edge (DISN TE)
– Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) Video Services (D-VDS)
– Defense Messaging System (DMS)
– Defense Switched Network (DSN)
– DJC2 Collaborative Information Environment (CIE) images
– Firewalls, intrusion detectors, and network analyzers
– Global Combat Support System Portal (GCSS-Portal)
– Global Command and Control System-Joint (GCCS-J)
– Information Workspace (IWS) D-VDS
– Internet Protocol – Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (IP-JWICS) (TS/SCI Requirement)
– Joint Flow and Analysis System Output Tool (JFAST)
– Joint Deployable Intelligence Support System (JDISS) (TS/SCI Requirement)
– Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS) (TS/SCI Requirement)
– Tactical Secure Telephone Equipment (STE)
– Media Server
– Net Admin
– Network Attached Storage (NAS)
– Network Management System (NMS)
– Operational Net Assessment
– Raytheon IST-2 Defense RED Switched Network (DRSN)
– Readiness Assessment System Output Tool (RAS OT)
– Red Hat Linux
– SI Tech bit media
– Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS)
– UNIX operating system
– Voice-Over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
– Voice-Over Secure Internet Protocol (VOSIP)
– Whats Up
Security Clearance: SECRET and also current SSBI
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-39774
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. Contact Info
– Panama City, FL
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.