Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Skill Type:Service Delivery
NWN is recognized as one of the top 16 Cisco partners in the U.S. and a leader in the IT services industry with many awards and elite certifications from Hewlett Packard, NetApp, EMC, Microsoft and VMware to name only a few. With over 600 employees in 12 locations across the U.S. the company is on a fast track to even greater success. If you’re a top performer looking for a new opportunity we want to talk to you!
The Network Administrator is responsible for providing network administration and support by delivering quick response, technical assistance, problem solving, and proactive support for network infrastructure services, including the installation, setup, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance of network software and hardware. Responsibilities include network installation and software version control of local (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), including network routers, switches gateway, access points, network interface cards, cables, adapters, and other related network hardware. Assembly and configuration of network components and associated services, setup and maintenance of basic network operations including assembly of network hardware, upgrading network hardware and software components as required, and maintenance of DNS and DHCP services.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or other technical field preferred.
* 2-4 years of demonstrated success and progressive experience in Network Administration
* CompTIA Network+, Cisco (CCNA), or other relevant network certifications preferred.
* Experience with Cisco Routers, Switches, VPNs, Wireless Access Points and Controllers.
* Experience with Citrix Netscaler, FatPipe and F5 Load Balancers.
* Experience with infoblox or Windows DNS/DHCP services.
* Experience with SolarWinds NPM, NetFlow, and other Cisco-based network monitoring/analyzer tools.
* Operational knowledge of principles, practices and techniques used in the installation, maintenance, support and management of routers, switches, wireless, VPN, network monitoring, network management.
* Operational knowledge and experience with LAN / WAN routing and switching (Layer 2/3) technologies, including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF.
* Operational knowledge in wireless / mobile communications management.
* Operational knowledge and understanding of 802.1x and applicable wireless technologies.
* Operational knowledge and understanding of VPN technologies.
* Operational knowledge and understanding of ACL processes / uses.
* Operational knowledge of networking technologies, protocols and security such as basic IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, VPN client configuration and Unified Communications systems.
* Strong communications skills including the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with project teams and key clinical stakeholders, including business services, nurses and physicians.
* Flexible team player with strong project management and organizational skills with ability to establish and achieve goals and maintain timelines.
* Possess proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.