About Continental With sales of 40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. The Tire Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. While the Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on leading safety performance, the broad brand portfolio and product range offer solutions for most of the market segments. Continuous investments in R & D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
Auto req ID 91781BR
Job Title Network Administrator
Country United States
Posting Location Clinton, MS
Job Description Overview:
As an individual contributor and in team settings, the network administrator provides subject matter expertise, operational and administrative support for networking infrastructure for Clinton location.
– Provide technical design, administrative, and operational support for LAN/WLAN/WAN/VoIP network infrastructure for the location;
– Connect, make changes and testing of existing and new infrastructure components and services;
– Manage access to the IT infrastructure components and services within the scope of responsibility;
– Insure safety and security standards for IT environment;
– Execute backup and restoration of data;
– Make repairing works with external companies, if it is necessary;
– Make troubleshooting and resolve issues on site, if it is possible;
– Execute support from/with 2nd level or 3rd level, if it is necessary;
– Execute monitoring of IT environment/applications;
– Ensure fulfillment for quality of service (SLA) for IT infrastructure;
– Provide users support and helpdesk within the scope of the responsibility;
– Provide control and quality check of installation done by external companies (passive components/network equipment/applications);
– Report about utilization, efficiency of IT equipment/applications and also register unauthorized or forbidden activities of the users;
– Provide necessary maintenance activities;
– Execute defined processes, procedures, instructions.
– Take part in global and local or cross-functional projects;
– Learn new information, techniques and tools in IT sphere and implement them accordingly;
– Create proposals for developing and improvement of IT network infrastructure;
– Create and maintain system information documentation, other documents and reports related to the responsibility scope, if it is necessary;
– Create and maintain internal instructions;
– Provide trainings to the team members and end users.
Job Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) in Computer Science or similar I.T. curriculum
– At least 2 years of work experience in I.T. networking competencies (Campus size)
– Demonstrated knowledge and application in the following technical areas:
o LAN/WLAN/WAN architectures
o Network and routing protocols (L1 & L2 & L3)
o Firewall and proxy administration
o Cisco network equipment administration
o DNS and DHCP service administration
o Scripting languages
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
– Work experience in manufacturing or heavy industrial setting
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to **************************************************** or contact US Recruiting at ************.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.