Are you a dynamic network professional looking for a great opportunity?
Join our Information Systems team in this critical role!
Salary up to $51.90/Hr. ($108,321/Yr.)
The Sonoma County Information Systems Department, Technical Services Division, seeks motivated Network Analyst candidates for two positions. Each position will design, implement, and support operations and infrastructure on either the Network Infrastructure or Datacenter Operations teams.
What Makes Sonoma County a Great Choice
In addition to competitive starting salary, expansive opportunities for growth and development, being part of a challenging and rewarding work environment that offers continuous training and education, and the satisfaction of knowing that you are working to better the communities of our region, you can look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
- A cash allowance of approximately $600 per month
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $500
- Eligibility for a 5% salary increase after 1040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a 5% salary increase every year thereafter for good work performance, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals plus 11 holidays per year
- Significant County paid premium contribution to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- A defined benefit retirement plan fully integrated with Social Security
*Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
When you join the County of Sonoma, you’ll also have the freedom to explore the beauty of our county; with its picturesque coastline, majestic redwoods, historic towns, fine dining, award winning wineries, and a wide variety of entertainment and cultural activities. Please visit www.sonomacountyconnections.org
for additional information about the community.About the Position
As a Network Analyst, you will function as the primary technical support provider for multiple business systems. Interacting on a regular basis with departments and end-users, you will recommend and implement systems and processes to meet business needs. Additionally, you will provide application, database, server, and network infrastructure solution administration. Implementation support may include design, testing, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, documentation, and troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate for our team will possess:
- Extensive experience administering enterprise applications and infrastructure
- Experience supporting and administering:
- Microsoft System Center Suite
- Cisco Unified Messaging and Collaboration
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services
- Microsoft Exchange
- CommVault Backup and Recovery
- Knowledge of:
- ITIL processes and terminology
- Identity Management
- Documentation of systems and procedures
- Scripting (PowerShell, C#, SQL)
- Security compliance monitoring and reporting
- Server, router, and switch hardware configuration and troubleshooting
Please note: This position will be required to have access to Sheriff’s Office or Probation Department facilities or view data or work with information systems for these departments. This requires that a more extensive “security clearance” will be performed after hire. Successful completion of the probationary period will be contingent upon passing the security clearance, which includes a Live Scan fingerprint based check of California Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) criminal records. If you are offered a position which requires a security clearance, the job offer letter will clearly specify this as a condition of the probationary period.
The employment list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future full-time and part-time positions as they occur during the active status of the list. County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and training which would provide the opportunity to acquire the above knowledge and abilities. Normally, this would include:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or closely related field with courses in network technologies and management AND two years of technical professional experience involving network integration and development, systems analysis, systems engineering, or similar field in a multi-platform information systems environment including a minimum of one year experience designing, installing and maintaining segments and components of LAN/WAN systems.
2. Advanced level certification in networking technology related to area of assignment currently used by the County of Sonoma AND two years of technical professional experience involving network integration and development, systems analysis, systems engineering, or similar field in a multi-platform information systems environment including a minimum of one year experience designing, installing and maintaining segments and components of LAN/WAN systems.
3. Completion of the equivalent of two years of college with courses related to computer science, information systems or closely related field including courses or advanced level training in network technologies and management AND four years of technical professional experience involving network integration and development, systems analysis, systems engineering, or similar field in a multi-platform information systems environment including a minimum of one year experience designing, installing and maintaining segments and components of LAN/WAN systems.
License: Possession of a valid driver’s license at the appropriate level, including special endorsements as required by the State of California, may be required depending upon assignment to perform the essential job functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Considerable knowledge of: Local and wide area network design, management, and operation; the inter-relationship of mainframe, PC, Local and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and telecommunications systems including hardware components, software applications, operating systems, and documentation; LAN/WAN topologies, routers, switches, servers, LAN/WAN bridges and gateways, modem and Internet connectivity; network operating systems, hardware and software products and tools; network problem identification, monitoring, resolution, and vendor support procedures; methods and techniques of troubleshooting hardware, software, and inter-connectivity problems; principles of data security; methods and techniques of providing support to staff and users.
Working knowledge of: principles, methods, and techniques of systems analysis; design and maintenance of wireless communication systems; telecommunications systems and applications including voice, data, video, fiber optics, and other components.
Ability to: plan, design, upgrade, install, and administer LAN/WAN systems software; create systems specifications; provide technical support related to network systems; write and modify instructions, procedures, manuals, documentation; analyze systems problems, develop effective solutions, and prepare cost estimates; work cooperatively and effectively with staff, customers, and vendors; perform a variety of tasks in a consistent and accurate manner; analyze and evaluate information, problems, and situations and develop an effective course of action; prepare clear, concise and accurate oral and written reports.
& SOME HELPFUL TIPS WHEN APPLYING
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all your employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application and should be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS REQUIRE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE BE COMPLETED.
Responses to supplemental questions will be scored using position-specific criteria. Please provide specific and detailed responses of a reasonable length to allow for thorough assessment of your qualifications. Responses which state “See Resume” or “See Application” may be considered insufficient and therefore may not be scored.
The selection procedure will consist of the following examination:
An Application & Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal Examination (weight 100%) will be conducted to evaluate each applicant’s application and supplemental questionnaire for satisfaction of minimum qualifications (pass/not pass); and for educational coursework, training, experience, knowledge, and abilities which relate to this position. Each applicant will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of work history, related experience, and achieved level of education and/or training as described in the application and responses to the supplemental questions.
Candidates demonstrating possession of the minimum qualifications will be placed on an employment list in order of most qualified to least qualified based on the achieved score received in the Application & Supplemental Questionnaire Appraisal Examination. Scores may be adjusted based on such factors as number of candidates, anticipated vacancies, past practice, and natural breaks in the scores achieved by this group of candidates.