General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to manage the ongoing day-to-day network services for a large data center service contract supporting the federal government.
This individual will be responsible to: Manage DNS
– Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 network issues
– Help support network initiatives.
– Strong knowledge of DNS, BGP, IPv4, and IPv6 is required.
– Must be able to interact with other engineers as well as the client and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
– Must be available for afterhours / on call support
Support Network Technologies:
– Cisco NX-OS
– F5 Big-IP LTM/GTM
– Infoblox DNS
– Cisco VPC
– Juniper Q-Fabric
– Working w/ APIs
Knowledge and Skills Required: The candidate needs to have a strong proficiency in the following skill sets:
– Excellent Troubleshooting skills
– Extensive experience in the deployment and operation of switches, routers, load-balancers, and proxy servers.
– Must have knowledge and skills in the fundamentals of IP and core IP technologies
– Strong communication and presentation skills
– Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
– Firewall Technologies
– Security Practices (Audits, planning, design, implementation, testing, and management)
– LAN/WAN internetworking technology
– Policy and Procedure review and implementation
– Networking and Application Protocols Must be available for afterhours / on call support
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2017-26793
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. Contact Info
– Boise, ID
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.