Requisition ID 2018-38223
# of Openings 5
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI
Full/Part Time Full Time
Job Satisfaction, Professional Growth, Excellent Salary, Referral Bonuses, and all around Cool Job!
This Surge Team Senior Network Engineer position is a full time opportunity for candidates who are looking for a challenging, fast-paced environment. We are looking for experienced Network Engineers who want to work with the latest technologies as part of a traveling team supporting unique customer needs.
This position requires 80% plus travel to support worldwide missions. Travel can range from one week to six months.
Responsibilities Include the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. Daily responsibilities will include, but not limited to updating Router & Switch operating systems, images, configurations, access list, add/removals of VoIPs, troubleshooting desktop VTC equipment, and applying STIGs.
1. Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
2. Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
3. Develops network architecture and network design documentation.
4. Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
5. Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
6. Perform site surveys to new installations and technology refresh.
7. Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
8. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret SCI Security Clearance.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Qualifications: This position requires 6 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration. This position also requires Security+ (CE) baseline certification and a CCNA or higher Computing Environment certification meeting DOD 8570.01-M and IAT Level II requirements prior to start; CCNP preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#ISDCJ #DPOST #SURGETEAM #defensehotjob
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.