Job Summary: Responsible for PC/server/hardware/software installation, administration, and troubleshooting. Issue processing and resolution, disaster recovery and security, along with documentation are obligations for this position as well.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Troubleshoots problems within the network and security infrastructure including; routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers, Linux, UNIX and Windows Servers, make corrective break/fix actions when necessary, following documented procedures, and change control guidelines and polices.
– Assists in installation, operation, and must be able to troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise networks.
– Activities include routine diagnostics, configuration, problem identification, and analysis, vendor engagement, vendor escalation, and mid- level escalation, team mentoring and coaching.
– Solid understanding of topics that include; connecting to a WAN, implementing network security, network types, network media, routing and switching fundamentals, the TCP/IP and OSI models, IP addressing, WAN technologies (DS1, ISDN, & DS3), operating and configuring IOS devices, extending switched networks with VLANs, determining IP routes, managing IP traffic with access lists, establishing point-to-point connections, and troubleshooting MPLS connections.
– Education or equivalent – Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years’ experience preferred
– Certification – CCNA and part CCNP or CCDA and part CCDP or MCSE or VCP or VCAP
– Intermediate to Advanced experience in troubleshooting LAN & WAN technologies
– Strong knowledge of ASA Firewalls and Cisco Voice and Cisco WiFi technologies
– Intermediate to Advanced troubleshooting of firewalls using command line interface (CLI) and/or web based tools
– Strong monitoring of LINUX/ UNIX/Windows servers’ resource usage
– Excels in troubleshooting hardware and software problems on Linux, UNIX and Windows OS
– Intermediate troubleshooting of alert messages from Solarwinds
– Create, modify and close service request, incident and problem tickets using Track-IT
– Intermediate to advanced VLAN creation, management and interface mapping
– Intermediate to advanced understanding of switch protocol STP and router HA protocols VRRP & HSRP
– Intermediate to advanced understanding of troubleshooting Routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, & BGP
– Intermediate to advanced understanding in troubleshooting switching technologies: VLAN creation and mapping
– Intermediate to advanced troubleshooting of WAN circuits: DS1, ISDN, & DS3 circuits
– Intermediate to advanced knowledge of event management and packet capture tools
Key Perks and Benefits:
– Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
– Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
– Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
– Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
– Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
– Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
Job Type: Full-time
2 hours ago – save job
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
Please review all application instructions before applying to Pomeroy.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.