Network Engineer II at Cox Automotive
– Careers Home
– Tech Careers
– Car Auction Jobs
– Early Careers
– Join Our Talent Community
– Manage Your Profile
– Cox Enterprises
– Cox Communications
– Cox Automotive
– Cox Media Group
Search all Cox Automotive Jobs
RadiusRadius5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 milesGo
Cox Employee Site LinkedIn Job Match
Create Your Future
Network Engineer II
Job ID ******* Date posted 08/16/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Cox Automotive is looking for a Network EngineerII to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
– Follow team processes and guidelines including change control, work packages and scheduling maintenance.
– 247 On-call support.
– Perform scheduled network maintenance work during the off hours maintenance windows.
– Work as a network engineer on assigned project teams to successfully hit all goals and deadlines.
– Troubleshoot all network outages or problems. Escalate necessary issues to the appropriate 3rd party vendor support team. Follow through to bring all network outages and problems to conclusion in a quick and efficient manner. Update the network and security manager on the status of all outages and issues.
– Offer technical guidance and be a mentor to members of the network group.
– Review proposed infrastructure changes of all other team members as well as other groups and departments to help avoid errors and mistakes.
– Capacity planning and monitoring of all network infrastructures, devices and data circuits to keep ahead of future growth. Report capacity needs and concerns to the network and security manager. Work to ensure maximum network uptime.
– Work with other Cox Automotive departments and teams to assist and support them with network infrastructure projects, initiatives and needs.
– Advise the network manager on network infrastructure, process or technology improvements in an effort to maintain maximum network availability and efficiency. Improve the architecture of the network infrastructure while scaling for future growth.
– Research and implement new technologies to improve and grow the network infrastructure.
– Complete all network projects by their deadlines. Notify the network and security manager in a reasonable amount of time if the deadline cannot be met.
– Maintain operational guidelines, diagrams and documentation for all network and security devices and infrastructures. Attention to detail on all documents is important.
– Provide weekly status reports on all network projects and tasks to the network and security manager.
– Abide by all network and security team guidelines and procedures as defined by Cox Automotive or the network and security manager.
Skills & Experience (Minimum):
– A strong background in Cisco networking technologies with a minimum of 8 years of experience.
– A minimum of a CCNA certification.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong troubleshooting skills to work network outages.
– Strong knowledge of network design and routing to architect new network solutions across LAN and WAN.
– Experience and knowledge of production data center environments. A focus on maintaining maximum network uptime.
– Strong knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies, configurations and protocols. Especially with the Cisco Nexus and ACI product lines.
– Knowledge of the Cisco ACI technology and configurations. This includes the Cisco 9k product line.
– Knowledge of AWS infrastructure and technologies including AWS Direct Connect.
– Knowledge of WAN technologies including MPLS and SDWAN.
– Advanced knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
– Advanced knowledge of global and server load balancing. Specifically the F5 Networks product line of BigIP, GTM and BigIQ. This includes knowledge of the F5 Viprion product line.
– Knowledge of virtualization technologies and how VMWare interacts with the network.
– Strong knowledge of firewalls including Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper and Checkpoint.
– Knowledge of network device monitoring and capacity planning as pertains to production and corporate environments. This includes technologies such as SolarWinds, NetBrain, Cisco Prime and Netflow.
– Knowledge of VPN technologies such as LAN2LAN VPN as well as client VPN technologies specifically Cisco’s VPN Concentrator.
– Strong knowledge of TCP/IP.
– A general knowledge of UNIX and Windows environments as may pertain to Network and Security tasks.
– A general knowledge of network security best practices.
What We Look For (Preferred):
– Scripting (Python) and DevOPs skills a plus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader, **********, Dealertrack, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Gear Capital, VinSolutions, vAuto and Xtime, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit ******************.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-3003 Summit Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Information Technology
Cox Automotive is the leading source for buying and selling vehicles and our team members are connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Make decisions and influence the success of our software and platforms by putting your digital and development skills to the test.
View this Location
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
– Senior Software Test Engineer Atlanta, Georgia
– Senior Scrum Master Atlanta, Georgia
Sign up for Job Alerts
EmailCreate your Job AlertSearch for a category and select one from the list of suggestions. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert. *These fields are required.
– Information Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, United StatesRemove
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance click here (******************************). No other request will be acknowledged.
EEO is the Law Notice E-Verify
Cox in the E-verify program. Link to e-verify poster.
Right to work in English and Spanish
******************* is the only official website for employment opportunities with Cox Enterprises and its affiliates. Applications for employment on any other website will not be considered. Cox does not hold online interviews on social media sites such as Google hangouts. If you have been requested to apply for an employment opportunity other than through *******************, or, if you have sought out career opportunities with Cox and found a different website in your search, you should NOT submit your application, nor should you provide any personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution information, driver’s license number or passport information.
Cox Media Group
– Join Our Talent Community
2018 Cox Enterprises, Inc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.