Sprint – Network Engineer III in Overland Park, KS
– About Us
– Working for Sprint
– How to
Join Our Talent Community
– Careers Home >
– Job Details
Network Engineer III
6100 Sprint Pkwy
Overland Park, KS US
Req # :
Job Description :
Plans, designs and implements networked systems of very large scope and very high complexity. Provides engineering services and project management functions required to develop and implement very complex network plans. Projects include technology changes within the platforms, new implementation guidelines and/or standards. Analysis includes switching, interconnection, national platforms and backbone facilities. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
As a Network Engineer III you will work on planning, engineering and implementing data network technologies.
– You will perform both production network Router and Firewall configurations, work with vendors and peer teams to resolve issues, and ensure successful integration of network augments and upgrade.
– You will work to help define areas of network inefficiencies and work to correct those issues through configuration changes.
– You will work to modernize methods and develop automation of router and firewall configurations in the Sprint wireless network. In addition, you will collaborate with other teams on technical solution options and write detailed network design documents
Ideal candidates will have a detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware components, associated software, and protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and Network Security and Firewalls. Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong communication skills, be a team player, exhibit strong personal initiative and have a positive attitude.
Cisco and/or Juniper certifications are preferred
– Bachelor’s degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
– Three years network engineering experience
– Three years project management and project implementation experience
– Five years experience working with routers, bridges, concentrators and switches
– CCNP level or equivalent knowledge/experience
– Experience using general office applications in order to perform work assignments
– Possess the technology background to learn a working understanding of the following platforms: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Network Protocols (IP & ISO), Network Management and associated functions and integration requirements.
– Possess a thorough understanding of wireless 3G and 4G network architectures.
– A prior knowledge of the Sprint Data Network
– Experience with Python or other scripting languages in support of automation of router/firewall configurations
At Sprint, we’re more than just talk. We’ve changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers’ lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
US-KS-Overland Park, US-VA-Reston
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to ****************** or by faxing your request to ************.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.
– Check Application Status
– Powered by SmashFly
2018 ********** – All Rights Reserved.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/99302 →