Job ID 11002
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Category Information Technology
The Network Engineer III is a subject matter expert who provides advanced-level leadership in the areas of installation and operational support of the organization’s internal voice and data networks, including LANs, WANs, WLANs, Internet connectivity, Public and Private Cloud, data communications systems and voice systems (including IP, SIP and VoIP). The NE III is a key team member diving into and leading the team to find solutions of complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth architecture, design, evaluation, implementation, and triage of multiple technologies and vendors. Plans and leads implementation of large-scale systems/projects. Creates and drives improvements to voice and data system-related processes and standards.
May perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
* Configure, install and troubleshoot telephony and network systems.
* Activate data jacks and perform equipment moves, adds, and changes as necessary.
* Physically maintain and install equipment in telecommunications rooms and data-centers.
* Connect equipment to and maintain power systems.
* Create and maintain documentation and diagrams.
* Provide Tier 3 support of internal voice and data communication systems.
* Comply with departmental processes, such as incident management, change management and problem management.
* Monitor and report on voice and network systems usage, availability, and performance.
* Participate in/lead telephony and networking system evaluations on-prem, cloud and internationally.
* Adhere to existing policies and procedures.
* Continuous learning and up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and best practices.
* Manage and document copper and fiber connectivity across the campus and within buildings.
* Design rack and cabinet equipment layout for server rooms and other telecommunications rooms.
* Report, manage and troubleshoot issues with appropriate vendor tech-support staff.
* Perform moderate-to-advanced level configuration, troubleshooting and problem mitigation on all voice and data network equipment, including wireless and network security equipment.
* Work effectively with vendors, contractors and other staff to coordinate system installations and provide quality assurance oversight.
* Identify and maintain tools/applications for network monitoring, control, and reporting.
* Participate in/lead short and long-range capacity planning.
* Lead design, planning, and implementation of voice and data network systems, on-prem and cloud.
* Track network equipment software/firmware levels/revisions and lead efforts to upgrade accordingly.
* Provide leadership in the evaluation of functionality/feature sets needed for voice and data networks
* Provide coaching, mentoring and training to junior team members.
* Perform 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis and after-hours/weekend work for planned maintenance as required.
* BS in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering, or related field, or prior equivalent work experience desired.
* Cisco CCNA, CCNP certification (or other equivalent network certification) preferred.
* 6+ years of network/telephony engineering experience.
* Extensive advanced knowledge and experience with Public (AWS, Azure, etc.) and Private Cloud network infrastructure best practices, design, implementation and operational support.
* In-depth knowledge and experience with Network Access Control (NAC) systems best practices, design, implementation and operational support.
* Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN, data communications systems, Internet and telecommunication protocols, remote access systems, server and LAN hardware systems, routers, switches, firewalls, UPS/PDU equipment, and wireless network equipment.
* Advanced understanding of data-center installation, cabling and labeling standards, voice and data network maintenance and troubleshooting skills, and familiarity with proper use of basic hand tools.
* Expert analytical abilities and problem solving skills.
* Intermediate scripting/programming skills for task automation.
* Intermediate experience using protocol analyzers and other test systems.
* Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work successfully as part of a team and/or individually.
* Strong collaboration skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ********************* or by calling ************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.