Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Network Security Automation Architect.
Candidate will work with Software Development teams and Network Operations to automate the large global network. Candidate will be expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and pro-actively stay current with trends and objectives.
* Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
* Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
* Support the operation our next generation data-center networks.
* Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
* Drive and support innovation from the NIC to the core.
* Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
* Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
* Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues.
* Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
* Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
* Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
* Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
* Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
* Detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
* Desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
* Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
* Excellent Ethernet and IP Networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
* Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline Software development skills are required, specifically in Python with 2 years of experience.
* Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, with at least 2 years of experience.
* Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate degree a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/85202 →