GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT: POSITION OPENING
Application Development Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Oakland Schools is a regional service agency that offers support services to school personnel that are best delivered regionally and provide cost, size and quality advantages to those we serve. Oakland Schools is an autonomous, tax-supported public school district governed by Michigan General School Laws and is one of 56 intermediate school districts (ISDs) established in Michigan in 1962.
Our organizational focus is centered on these central objectives:
· Increase student achievement
· Serve diverse needs of schools
· Decrease costs/increase efficiencies
$101,714 – $116,300 annually/Exempt, 12-month work year
IN THIS ROLE:
Oakland Schools is looking for an experienced Application Development Manager to manage the activities of the Business Application Team responsible for design, development, implementation, operation, documentation and support of enterprise applications. Are you ready to take your career to the next level? If so, apply today!
WHAT WE NEED:
We are seeking a highly motivated collaborative team member to supervise activities of assigned staff; establish project teams consisting of end users, vendors and Technology Services staff while providing direction in the design, development, testing and implementation of technologies; assist in developing the Technology Services Business Plan and translation of those objectives into key project priorities for the Application Services Team; assist with the development and implementation of the department budget(s); supervise the identification, development and implementation of innovative products and services and keep abreast of new products and developments in the technology field that may affect the services and processes of Oakland Schools.
WHAT YOU NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field plus five or more years of related experience; or other equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
· Experience in Human Resources, Finance and Payroll systems required.
· Experience in conversion and implementation of enterprise systems required.
· Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems preferred
· On-call availability to handle work problems at all hours is required.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Oakland Schools offers company paid coverage for life insurance, short and long-term disability, well-being benefits and leave days. In addition, Oakland Schools offers comprehensive medical coverage or cash in lieu benefit, dental, vision, additional optional life insurance, health savings and/or flexible spending accounts, pet insurance, legal plan, college savings plans, tax-sheltered annuity (TSA) plans and the Office of Retirement Services retirement plans.
Letters of interest and resumes will only be accepted through the Oakland County Human Resource Consortium. Application material not received via OHRC will not be given consideration. Please do not email or fax application materials to Oakland Schools.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Before you submit your resume and letter of interest, please review the following important instructions/information:
· Please indicate in your letter of interest how you found out about this position opening and the title of the position you are applying for.
· If you are selected for a first round interview, Oakland Schools will contact you via email after the initial posting closing date. Resumes submitted on or prior to the initial posting closing date will be given first consideration.
· If you currently subscribe to a privacy manager telephone service, please be advised that this service may hinder Oakland Schools’ ability to contact you for the purpose of scheduling an interview.
Oakland Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation (subject to the limits of applicable law), age, genetic information, or disability in its programs, services, activities or employment opportunities. Inquiries related to employment discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Personnel Management and Labor Relations at 248.209.2429. Title IX complaints should be directed to the Manager/Supervisor, Career Focused Education at 248.209.2160. For all other inquiries related to discrimination, contact the Executive Director of Legal Affairs at 248.209.2062. All complaints may be addressed to 2111 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328-2736.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakland.k12.mi.us/employment/job-postings/Pages/default.aspx →