Clockwork is about transparency, collaboration, and people. We are — and always have been — 100% digital, so our collective tech expertise is unparalleled. We take our clients’ dedication to their businesses very seriously and realize their visions with smart, digital solutions.
An experienced Ops Engineer who can hit the ground running and help the admin team tackle a substantial list of projects. Examples include: maintaining networks built on managed hardware, optimizing existing services, and defining ground-up solutions for bespoke applications.
We’d love to meet if the following sounds like you:
- Design and document solutions before a single line of code is written
- Create solutions that include testing, risk analysis, and long-term maintenance planning
- Work in a cross-discipline team and embrace diversity
- Design HA systems and build them
- Define and follow procedures
- Document, document, rinse, repeat, document
- Adapt rapidly to change
- Automate anything
- Diagnose systematically
- Find the root causes of problems rather than only the symptoms
- Communicate with clients and coworkers from a variety of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- At least five years of experience administering Linux (or combination of experience and relevant education)
- Solid understanding of networking and core network services and protocols (ex. ARP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, TLS, UDP)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Self-reliant transportation to physically-distributed data centers
You are familiar with many or all of these:
- Programming (ex. Go, Python, Ruby)
- Configuration Management (ex. Chef, Puppet, SaltStack)
- Cloud Service Providers (ex. AWS, Rackspace) or PaaS (ex. Acquia, Pantheon)
- Web Servers (ex. Apache, NGINX)
- Databases (ex. MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Inclined to document everything
- Totally comfortable working with clients and teams
- Always learning
- Willing to be on call
- Able to work well during an emergency
Is this you? Awesome! Please send your resume and link to your portfolio and let’s chat.
Clockwork is an active proponent of diversity in the Minneapolis technology industry. We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace where humans are stronger because we’re together. LGBTQ, Women, Minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115638 →