CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Performs equipment and facility provisioning in the CenturyLink optical transport network. Interfaces with internal and external customers to build and turn up new facilities, augment existing network equipment in coordination with field operations, tech support and other work groups. Must understand complex transport network topology and supported signal formats including; Timing systems, SONET, DWDM, CWDM, ROADM, DS3, OTN, and Ethernet. Able to follow MOPs, anticipate problems, and take corrective action proactively. Understands and researches technical issues through vendor documentation. Has thorough understanding of Telecom, Network Topology, and CenturyLink Procedures. Works with minimal supervision in NOC environment, sometimes for activities scheduled outside of normal business hours. Communicates effectively with peers, other CenturyLink centers, off-net providers and customers.
****Works in 8AM- 5PM M-F call center environment with occasional requirements to support projects and customer rearrange activities during the maintenance window. ****
• Thoroughly document order activity
• Propose and implement solutions to identified problems
• Work with next level support to resolve network and equipment related issues.
• Analyze, diagnose, sectionalize, isolate, and resolve alarms and conditions associated with turn up activities
• Communicate with internal customers and supporting groups, ASP, CDP, National, etc.
• Manage and guide network augmentation and circuit roll activity
• Provide direct support to technicians in provisioning activities associated with new service turn up and existing service augmentation
• Interact with all Tier repair teams. Initiate internal/external escalations, as necessary.
• Provides assistance to peers and participate in ongoing group process improvement activities
• Provide follow up and completion of service order activity
• Provide direct training to technicians and participate in ongoing Provisioning process improvement activities.
• Associate Degree in Telecommunications in a related field or equivalent work experience (Typically 5-7 years of relevant experience)
• Understanding of Transport Hierarchy, Configurations, and Platforms.
• Experience in Test and Turn Up of, Transport, ROADM, DWDM, CWDM Products and Supported Services.
• Perform advanced to complex activities to meet customer expectations and company driven performance objectives.
• Strong communication skills and ability to direct service deployment activities.
• Remote Equipment Provisioning, and Troubleshooting experience.
• Ability to identify expected alarms associated with turn up activity, and resolve unexpected alarm conditions as they arise.
• Adept at understanding Circuit Designs, Network Topology, and Associated Protection Schemes
• 3 + Years experience in a Call Center, Surveillance Center, Provisioning Center, Network Operations Center, Engineering, Technical Support, or as a Field Technician working with transport platforms, and/or digital loop carrier (DLC) or similar pair gain platforms.
• Provisioning and troubleshooting DS3 through OC192 level circuits.
• SONET and SDH equipment functionality.
• DWDM equipment functionality.
• Fiber optics
• Synchronization / Timing
• SONET Protection Switching Schemes
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Leesburg
Requisition #: 175323
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/114151 →