CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Operations Technician 3 position is responsible to the Network Operations Center (NOC ) manage and performs network monitoring and troubleshooting in a 24X7X365 Network Operations Center (NOC). Work location is (Colorado Springs or San Antonio)
- Utilize knowledge and experience to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve simple and complex problems quickly and effectively.
- Make use of trouble ticketing system to and document outages.
- Coordinate and track RMA requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Understand and utilize documented procedures to perform assigned duties.
- Perform rekey of crypto equipment and assist field technicians in the rekey and troubleshooting of crypto equipment.
- Complete required forms and documentation to sustain operations.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Possess knowledge of Wide Area Network security requirements and techniques for protecting computer systems/networks from viruses, data tampering, and unauthorized system entry
- Have familiarity of long haul communications equipment such as SONET, ATM, fiber optical multiplexers and DWDM and understanding of LAN/WAN software/hardware technical support; familiarity with optical and IP products, particularly CIENA optical and Cisco IP routing and Juniper devices
- Assist technical subject matter expert to support day-to-day network issues and new network commissioning, configuration, testing and implementation.
- Provide data to support daily and monthly customer reports, incident reports, and ticket audits
- Review and interpret input from several monitoring tools and determines course of action to resolve network issues and outages
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Estimated 15% of time is travel; however, the amount of travel is dependent on the current mission requirement and operations environment
- Top Secret clearance mandatory and current SCI mandatory
- Four or more years of experience in a client-server environment required
- MCSE, CCNA, Security+ desired
- Prior NOC experience desired.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment, collaborate very closely with peers, strong communication skills.
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer.
- Experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems desirable.
- Familiarity with various vendor platforms for optical networks – CIENA, Cisco, Juniper
- Experience in Microsoft products to include Active Directory, SQL Server 05/08, Windows Server 03/08, Office SharePoint Server or Windows SharePoint Services Windows Server Update Services (SMS), and Exchange and 2007.
- Demonstrated advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks desired.
- Previous experience with Government networks and customers.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition #: 171431
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/110205 →