Eastern Connecticut Health Network
The Patient Financial Services Systems Analyst maintains the billing database and other systems related to exporting daily billing files, as well as the development and support of data flow to maximize accuracy billing and reimbursement process. The department works closely with internal and external parties to ready the automated processing of various types of data associated with the billing for ECHN. As a key member of the team, the individual participates in the planning and implementation of company-wide technology and process-related initiatives to support both centralized and distributed business operations, and achieve more effective and cost-beneficial company-wide operations. The Patient Financial Services System Analyst also participates in the process and technology decision support chain to accomplish corporate goals and objectives. As part of a team, this individual is charged with ensuring implementation of a timely, flawless process for enabling prompt, accurate billing for new clients or sites. The main job functions in this profession are the ability to analyze system problems, outages and upgrades; to communicate system needs to management, internal and external customers or vendors
- Associates Degree required or, in replace of a degree, 10 years of Systems Analyst experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Proven understanding of medical business office operations as it pertains to third party billing and physician reimbursement activities.
- Solid understanding of information systems and an intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications is needed.
- Project management and systems testing experience is a plus.
- Experience with Meditech financial applications, strongly preferred.
- An ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills, and effective presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences; this includes the ability to present concepts in a user-friendly language.
- An ability to set, prioritize and achieve goals as well as is results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- An ability to keep a variety of tasks on-stream and work within a structured environment.
- A solid customer service acumen and interpersonal skill is essential to successfully fulfill the service element required of this position.
- An aptitude for learning new skills and concepts quickly and completely.
- Extremely well organized.
- Candidates must also be able to work independently without supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/45324 →